Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
BBQ
Platinum Member

Default 4-Seat Class-B Motorhomes

How many Class-B Motorhomes have 4-seats? Current and older models.

I mean 4 proper seats up front that are good for traveling,
not those folding sofa seats in the back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (189.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Winnebago ERA 70x

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-winnebago-era-class-b-motorhomes-10-638.jpg (54.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
BBQ
Platinum Member

Roadtrek etrek

Attached Images
File Type: png 2015_e-trek.png (378.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The big three are:

Airstream Interstate - like mine.

Winnebago ERA

Roadtrek RS Adventurous

There are other specialty builders like Sportsmobile and Advanced RV that will build one for you in that layout.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I am guessing you are speaking of new Class B's. My 1989 Dodge XTRA Van has the four passenger seats up front. The front passenger seat swivels all the way. The front drivers seat only turns to the right which is better than facing the front. Here is a picture of one back seat folded down for sleeping.

goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:56 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Airstream Avenue Lounge on Chevy Express 3500 '2010-'2012. Seats 7 total.

(I have the '2012 Avenue Suite that seats 5)

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2012-...lounge-tr11299
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #7
Platinum Member

My van has the rear sofa bed with 2 back seating places with 2 lap seat safety belts skewed to the passenger side, away from the left side cabinets. I could do 3 back seats if I add shoulder safety belts distributed over 54” width but I didn’t need them yet. 4-5 people capacity was my design objective from the get go.

The strong aluminum sofa bed frame is mounted to the original MB seat benches mounting holes with M12 x 1.5 mm bolts (about ˝” thread). My van was converted from the passenger van so threaded mounting holes were present.

Good thermo and sound insulation (Thinsulate) allows for conversation between the front and the back seats.

I know you didn’t ask for rear sofa bed seating, we used this type seating arrangements with 2 of our VW Westfalias (1977, 1985) and the current conversion. Our 1985 Westfalia had 6 seats, with removable middle bench for camping trips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 213-.JPG (120.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 213-7053350.JPG (335.9 KB, 11 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

How many Class-B Motorhomes have 4-seats? Current and older models.

I mean 4 proper seats up front that are good for traveling,
not those folding sofa seats in the back.

Very comfortable, belted seats in our Safari Condo Promaster XL Flex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3036.jpeg (61.6 KB, 29 views)
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit TE. No longer produced, and I don't think many were made. Seating for 7 with dual sliding doors on Sprinter.
https://leisurevans.com/free-spirit-te/
Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #10
Platinum Member

For traveling only, I think having four seat belt equipped chairs or other seating is great. But you might want to think a bit more if you are going to make overnight trips where four people are "bunking" in a Class B. Storage for clothes, food, etc is great for one to two people on short or cross country trips. Three or more especially if all adult sized will get rather interesting unless your towing a trailer to carry some stuff and have an outside tent for the extra passengers. Depends on what your "travel" is. You might not be friends after 4 people travel and stay inside a Class B on a trip from West Coast to East Coast. It can be done but requires a bit more thinking. The bathroom might be more for storage of dirty laundry, 2nd pairs of shoes and fishing poles than practical bathroom use for four. Others might chip in their actual experiences beyond just travel-seatinguse of their Class B of 3+ people if that is what you have in mind.
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storysrvwego View Post
For traveling only, I think having four seat belt equipped chairs or other seating is great. But you might want to think a bit more if you are going to make overnight trips where four people are "bunking" in a Class B. Storage for clothes, food, etc is great for one to two people on short or cross country trips. Three or more especially if all adult sized will get rather interesting unless your towing a trailer to carry some stuff and have an outside tent for the extra passengers. Depends on what your "travel" is. You might not be friends after 4 people travel and stay inside a Class B on a trip from West Coast to East Coast. It can be done but requires a bit more thinking. The bathroom might be more for storage of dirty laundry, 2nd pairs of shoes and fishing poles than practical bathroom use for four. Others might chip in their actual experiences beyond just travel-seatinguse of their Class B of 3+ people if that is what you have in mind.
I agree. If used as a people mover, there are better choices (like a mini-van or large SUV) with rear air & heat. If traveling with more than 3, things get really tight for camping in a class b.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storysrvwego View Post
We used our 2 Westfalias in seventies and eighties as we grew family from 2 to 5. As kids got bigger we switch from Camper Vans to RVs. This young family market is neglected today as B-class industry turned to easy money from 2 retirees.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:30 AM   #13
Silver Member

Also consider the Avion Azur. 4 up front, and another 2 or 3 in the rear. Direct to consumer, no dealers.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Default Our RS Adventurous has a convertible set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The big three are:

Airstream Interstate - like mine.

Winnebago ERA

Roadtrek RS Adventurous

There are other specialty builders like Sportsmobile and Advanced RV that will build one for you in that layout.
YES.... there's a second row of seats and we also have the optional armoire cabinets that can be placed behind the front row .....works great when going on a long road trip..... extra organization and storage.

Here's a picture with the 3rd seat behind the driver's seat and the cabinet across....the cabinet behind the passengers seat up front can also be replaced with a regular seat as well.

There's seating for 3 in the rear on the bench seat.... although the it's a little bumpier back there......

Normally we don't carry passengers aboard our rig.....it's pretty small and ONE bathroom is not really enough for four people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180611_113702.jpg (221.7 KB, 17 views)
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #15
Bronze Member

We do! Looks just like the picture!
Djette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #16
Silver Member

Roadtrek 210 Versatile
Roadtrek 190 Versatile
Roadtrek 170 Versatile

We have the 2006 210V. Travel with two teens all the time. The four seats in the front of all these convert into two single beds, though the later year models require an additional board with mattress for each side. With the bed in the back they sleep four relatively comfortably.
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Default YES...it's possible to get two single beds for the front of the RS Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Go View Post
Roadtrek 210 Versatile
Roadtrek 190 Versatile
Roadtrek 170 Versatile

We have the 2006 210V. Travel with two teens all the time. The four seats in the front of all these convert into two single beds, though the later year models require an additional board with mattress for each side. With the bed in the back they sleep four relatively comfortably.
Optional front single beds are $1,000 each.... you can still get them.... But, there's still only one bathroom and even in our RS Adventurous which is slightly larger than the others on your list....why sleep 4 ..??

We have the extra armoire cabinets and extra storage and organization....
Works for us......
Old 08-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #18

Default 4 seats

I have a 2014 ETREK. I have 4 seats up front and the couch in the back.
I think a recliner would be great.

Terri
Pensacola FL
kyrain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #19
Platinum Member

My '95 Coachmen 19RD doesn't have the back row captain's chairs, but it has seatbelts for 7 with three on the couch and two in the dinette. It's come in handy from time to time... not that side-facing seats are ideal in a head-on crash, but the belts would keep passengers from being thrown out of the van on a roll-over.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Default How's it going with your E-Trek??? Batteries??Air conditioning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrain5 View Post
I have a 2014 ETREK. I have 4 seats up front and the couch in the back.
I think a recliner would be great.

Terri
Pensacola FL
We recently looked at a brand new E-Trek.... they offered to sell it fully loaded at an RV show for $143,000....not ready to do something this expensive.....

They told me that the E-TREK is basically an RS Adventurous with the electrics....no propane, no generator.....

I purchased my RS Adventurous last year in May 2017 ....had to replace the AGM batteries.... that was almost $800 alone.....

Do you have the lituhim batteries.....? Those are very expensive??

Recliner??

The only reason for four seats is taking people for day trips....