Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2022, 12:10 AM   #1

Default 97 Roadtrek 190 water system question

Hi all.
I have a 97 Roadtrek 190 Popular Dodge chassis, and any time I hookup the city water connection under the water heater, my fresh water tank starts over flowing.
I don't have a paper manual for it, and I've searched the pdf one I downloaded for any sort of shutoff valve and didn't see anything. *Edit- I have made sure all faucet knobs are off to avoid crossover in that area as well*
Any help is appreciated, pictures are regarded as gold! ��
BigHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:29 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
Hi all.
I have a 97 Roadtrek 190 Popular Dodge chassis, and any time I hookup the city water connection under the water heater, my fresh water tank starts over flowing.
I don't have a paper manual for it, and I've searched the pdf one I downloaded for any sort of shutoff valve and didn't see anything. *Edit- I have made sure all faucet knobs are off to avoid crossover in that area as well*
Any help is appreciated, pictures are regarded as gold! ��

Owners manual here:

http://file:///C:/Users/lever/Downlo...All_Models.pdf

Normally there is a tank fill valve to fill the fresh tank from the shore water inlet connection. Probably located by the shore water connection. See page 9.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:23 PM   #3
Platinum Member

From other's experience, you have a bad backflow preventor that is attached to your freshwater line at your water pump or internal inside the water pump.. Check pluming diagram.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Owners manual here:

Normally there is a tank fill valve to fill the fresh tank from the shore water inlet connection. Probably located by the shore water connection. See page 9.
The link you gave didn't load, but I checked page 9 and did see about that valve. It was turned on, and shutting it solved the problem. Simple fix 🤪 Thanks!!
BigHoss is offline   Reply With Quote