Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 09:53 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Dutch: Can you tell me the name of the dealer (and contact info if you have it) so i can perhaps figure out how they did this testing? Perhaps you don't want to give me any more info, which is fine of course, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
It was an RV dealer who sells all three in various RV's.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
It was an RV dealer who sells all three in various RV's.
That’s already suspect. There are no dealers that sell Advanced RVs and there hasn’t been a single Advanced RV on a dealer lot used especially with a Houghton air conditioner.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #43

Check out the new Coleman 10 ndq. Installed at BNR in July or at airexcell in Kansas.
Ok pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
That’s already suspect. There are no dealers that sell Advanced RVs and there hasn’t been a single Advanced RV on a dealer lot used especially with a Houghton air conditioner.
Did anyone say it was in an Advanced RV?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #45
Mfm
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
I have a new Travato, with a 13.5K A/C unit.This A/C makes so much noise that it makes the van unlivable, unless you can turn it on after you go to sleep - neat trick huh. When I bought this I questioned the 13.5K size, my 2 other B's were Sprinter based, one had a 9K, the other had a 11K. I want to change the A/C for 2 reasons, the NOISE, and I don’t feel that the compressor runs enough for dehumidification. What size is in your van, are you satisfied with the NOISE level, cooling & dehumidification ? I’m looking at the Penguin II as a replacement 11K BTU.
I agree...too powerful and too noisy. Mine is on a 2014 Agile. Cools well...but just too noisy even on low.
Mfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Dutch: Sorry but I have to say that I find your posts on this thread suspect because of how cagey you have been. I have asked you a number of times to give the source of your information so it can be explored further and all you have done is dribble out bits of information that never really answer my question. Again, if you have concerns about revealing the source, just let us know.

Quote:
Did anyone say it was in an Advanced RV?
Old 05-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Dutch: Sorry but I have to say that I find your posts on this thread suspect because of how cagey you have been. I have asked you a number of times to give the source of your information so it can be explored further and all you have done is dribble out bits of information that never really answer my question. Again, if you have concerns about revealing the source, just let us know.
Sounds like a personal problem to me. Just ignore any and everything I post. It's no skin off my nose.

PS - I never divulge an individual's information without permission.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #48
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sounds like a personal problem to me. Just ignore any and everything I post. It's no skin off my nose.

PS - I never divulge an individual's information without permission.
But you have!

"It was an RV dealer who sells all three in various RV's."

So you don't have permission? Have you asked for it?

I don't post suspect stuff without stating it is suspect. Do You?

I wonder how many dealers on earth sell all three in various RV's?

Please define RV dealer?

In the US it is my understanding that ARV is the only distributor of one of them. I suppose ddavid could contact ARV and determine every dealer they have sold an a/c to. David is not going to 'waste?' his time, I would guess.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #49
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
But you have!

"It was an RV dealer who sells all three in various RV's."

So you don't have permission? Have you asked for it?

I don't post suspect stuff without stating it is suspect. Do You?

I wonder how many dealers on earth sell all three in various RV's?

Please define RV dealer?

In the US it is my understanding that ARV is the only distributor of one of them. I suppose ddavid could contact ARV and determine every dealer they have sold an a/c to. David is not going to 'waste?' his time, I would guess.

Bud
Dutch in Atlanta, forgot to say that I do think there may be a dealer and for good reason does not want to be known. That's because I'm a skeptic, anything is possible, prove it.

Bud
Old 05-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #50

This test info was posted the CrossFit/Beyond Facebook group on March 7th by Nick Schmidt of Sunshine State RV. Back to the interesting discussion on the Pro Air 12V unit?
n3ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #51
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ix View Post
This test info was posted the CrossFit/Beyond Facebook group on March 7th by Nick Schmidt of Sunshine State RV. Back to the interesting discussion on the Pro Air 12V unit?
Sure, and now someone can give the fellow a call about the experiment, details and maybe he posted a video.

Thanks.

Bud
Old 05-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:
It is actually the "Coachmen CROSSFIT / BEYOND RV Class "B" Owners & Prospects" Facebook group. A typical Closed Group not to be confused with the CrossFit Beyond Facebook group that discusses physical fitness.

Here is a link to Nick's video review of PROAIR™ Air Conditioner on 2019 Coachmen Crossfit 22C w/ EcoBoost.

https://youtu.be/_eIdU5LP3Dg
Old 05-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #53
Platinum Member

I don't understand why Dutch would have been reluctant to share the info n3ix gave us. This information doesn't violate anyone's privacy.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
I don't understand why Dutch would have been reluctant to share the info n3ix gave us. This information doesn't violate anyone's privacy.
It sort of does as it was posted in a closed group that does not make it's posts public on Facebook.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #55
Platinum Member

I joined the crossfit group and have looked through the thread and i am still not sure what to make of things.
* Where did he get the Houghton?
* At one point, Nick wrote that Sunshine State RV is looking into offering the ProAir as a retrofit, so maybe he is puffing a little bit, who knows.
* One post questioned the noise readings he was getting on the the dometic since they are much higher than FitRV got on their testing
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...XPJsythZXjyZOd
* There were no posts on the thread that said that they had the A/C and liked it. One post described a problem with running the A/C on shore power but this is likely a problem that needs fixing rather than a design problem with the system. Finally, one poster said, "Ours won’t cycle off and temp is never satisfied. The fan outside is screaming and running so fast and the inside fan isn’t even blowing. It cycles on and off for no apparent reason. Sometimes blows cool almost cold air and other times not cool at all. We have tried the fan auto and manual at all speeds. Nothing works."
Old 05-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #56
Platinum Member

It is a private FB group, yes, but all you need to do to gain access is to request to join, so not *that* private. And again, just telling us about the private group doesn't violate anyone's privacy.

But I agree with n3ix, this thread should focus on discussion of the Pro Air 12V unit, so to those who are tired of me trying to access the veracity of Dutch's post, i will stop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
It sort of does as it was posted in a closed group that does not make it's posts public on Facebook.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #57
Platinum Member

One more thing. The only thing i could find in the FB thread about testing conditions were these two posts:

Someone else: Is it possible you might be picking up some generator noise on the Dometic? That’s substantially higher than I’ve seen in other tests. For instance https://www.thefitrv.com/.../our-rv-air-conditioner.../

Nick's response: I thought it was higher also but we were in a closed garage with all the doors shut in the coach and it was plugged in, the generator was off. I tried my best to take the readings in the same exact position so they would be accurate.

We don't know if all the testing was done in the garage under the same conditions, or just the testing of the Dometic.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #58
Platinum Member

I looked through the Caochman Crossfit FB goup and could find no other testimonials about ProAir units in the wild. I did see that the list price of upgrading from the stock A/C to the ProAir unit is $3,625 (actual price will be lower). This compares to ARV's price of $2,750 installed for the Houghton, and $750 installed for the Mach 10 NDQ from Airxcel.

If the ProAir unit is as quiet and efficient as Nick at Sunshine State claims, then i expect that we will hear about ARV adopting it soon.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #59
Platinum Member

A few years ago, we almost bought a trailer in EU, it had built in Truma AC with heat pump, a floor vented unit was very quiet. Somehow Truma didn’t bring it yet to NA. Unit is not very small 25”L x 16”W x 12”H but we could find a place for it under the bed in our 144”WB Sprinter. It is only 2400W cooling but for most small vans it would be sufficient.

https://www.truma.com/int/en/product...omfort-rc.html
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
A few years ago, we almost bought a trailer in EU, it had built in Truma AC with heat pump, a floor vented unit was very quiet. Somehow Truma didn’t bring it yet to NA. Unit is not very small 25”L x 16”W x 12”H but we could find a place for it under the bed in our 144”WB Sprinter. It is only 2400W cooling but for most small vans it would be sufficient.

https://www.truma.com/int/en/product...omfort-rc.html
Yes - that would be a great unit for a small B-van. It is smaller than a window AC unit. Obvious problem is this Truma AC unit is 230V, 50Hz. But then so was the Houghton unit first offered by Advanced RV after they got them to convert it to 120V, 60Hz. We can only hope that Truma will bring it to the NA market.