Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #21

In this post Roadtrek world does anyone have an electronic copy of the owners manual for a 2018 or 2019 Simplicity?
CareyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:53 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Then they might take advantage of a large hole in the Class B market... which were a EHGNA big seller... Promaster rigs under 20 ft. No one else is making them and many of us MUST have something under 20ft.
Despite the fact that I own such a vehicle, I wonder how big a market that might be. You have to be quite a minimalist to live with the lack of storage space in an under-20ft motorhome. The difference a couple of feet makes (such as going to 22 feet) is enormous, and the driving is probably not that different.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:56 PM   #23
Platinum Member

2015 Older Owner's Manuals
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #24
otr
Gold Member

Default re: bankruptcy

Quoting an earlier post

"Jim Hammill and others are making out like bandits (pun intended). Not a word is being mentioned about their actions and the EHG NA closure is being treated in the media like any other company closure,"

From the White House down, running a business or country on loans makes for an unpleasant road trip!
otr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #25

Get an attorney since they have no lien against the property that you own and do not owe them $.
hherbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
There are not many stories similar to Harley Davidson in the business world. They had the benefit of favorable demographics for the product willing to pay huge margins.
They also had the benefit of 49.4% protectionist tariffs on imported motorcycles (particularly Japanese) over 700ccs.
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Question ... I was ... about to buy a 2018 hymer Activ2 with 2500 miles in Alabama ... I live in Florida ... with what is going on would you buy anything Hymer at this point .. one of the best things it had was its warranty now it does not have that .. also with all the issues with vin numbers ... how would you know if your vin was real or belonged to someone else .... thoughts and opinions please ..
Flgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgal View Post
Question ... I was ... about to buy a 2018 hymer Activ2 with 2500 miles in Alabama ... I live in Florida ... with what is going on would you buy anything Hymer at this point .. one of the best things it had was its warranty now it does not have that .. also with all the issues with vin numbers ... how would you know if your vin was real or belonged to someone else .... thoughts and opinions please ..
I answered this on the other thread, so here is a copy/paste:
There has not been one report anywhere... on any of the many facebook pages or here of anyone have a fake vin number or shared number.

One person reported a vin issue, but we don't know where that error occurred... factory paperwork or their state. These numbers are human entered numbers that do have a margin of normal error considering their length and odd combination.

IMHO the reported vin issue was that they were creating fake numbers to inflate their sales numbers. Obviously none of them were 'sold' because the vans didn't exist.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #29
Bronze Member

thank you ... today is my Bday and my biggie for a gift was to buy a class B ... came so close ... but did not pull the trigger .. oh well ... maybe meant to be ... it will happen when it happens ...
Old 02-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Roadtrek's web site is now back in operation and you can download manuals there.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #31
Bronze Member

Would think dealers who did the sales would have responsibility since they were the ones that did the contracts and made profits .... they would have skin in this mess
Old 02-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #32
Platinum Member

I would guarantee that the dealers have lost a great deal of money in this mess too. I wonder how much warranty work already done has not been paid by EHGNA... millions of dollars I suspect as it appears that they pretty much stopped paying bills in Oct/Nov.

Just a mess for everyone... the only one coming out like a rose is the Hymer family. I expect the massive amount of money helps soothe any insult of their new reputation as crooks and thieves who destroyed the lives of so many.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:23 AM   #33
Platinum Member

Default That

Post fallout is if Roadtrek becomes an orphan demand might plunge for used ones. I sold our Great West Van to a dealer with what I thought was a gift in November 2014 because winter was closing in and I wanted the money for our Advanced RV that was ready in January 2015. He wanted inventory to show. In the meantime GWVan went bankrupt and our van was on the dealer lot for over a year and eventually resold for less than we got.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek Support for Mercedes

A recent video I watched mentioned Roadtrek is not designated as a Master Upfitter with Mercedes.

Will this be a problem for those who have Roadtrek's UHG and Lithium battery solution and need to go to Mercedes for drivetrain /electrical warranty service?
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
A recent video I watched mentioned Roadtrek is not designated as a Master Upfitter with Mercedes.

Will this be a problem for those who have Roadtrek's UHG and Lithium battery solution and need to go to Mercedes for drivetrain /electrical warranty service?
I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the MB Master Upfitter's program is simply a certification program that represents a contractual relationship between MB and upfitters, by which the latter agree to follow certain engineering rules and pay a fee in exchange for being listed. It really doesn't involve the end consumer in any way, except as the recipient of marketing rhetoric. I once had a chassis electrical issue with our old Airstream Interstate. The dealer blamed Airstream (probably correctly) and couldn't care less that they were Master Upfitters.

In any event, US warranty laws prohibit the voiding of warranties based on aftermarket modifications, unless those modifications provably cause the issue. In practice, you might get caught in the middle of a blame game, but the Master Upfitter's program won't help you much either way.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #36
Platinum Member

The Master Upfitter program also gives the members technical support and access to plenty of technical data. Roadtrek/EHGNA were in the MU program until they were dismissed in December 2017

I posted about this last summer...

Erwin Hymer Group NA Dismissed by Daimler Vans from MasterUpfitter Program

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f7...gram-7858.html
Old 03-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post

Here is video from Ultramobility that discussed Roadtrek’s lack of Master Upfitter status.

https://youtu.be/mGoFWneF9Mo

I don’t think it is as serious as he speculates.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Here is video from Ultramobility that discussed Roadtrek’s lack of Master Upfitter status.

https://youtu.be/mGoFWneF9Mo

I don’t think it is as serious as he speculates.
This was posted 3 times yesterday on the Roadtrek and Hymer Owners Group

I think it is much about nothing but it sure creates a lot of fear with owners...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
This was posted 3 times yesterday on the Roadtrek and Hymer Owners Group

I think it is much about nothing but it sure creates a lot of fear with owners...

Agree - I found it this morning on the AirForum. It’s obviously all over the internet.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:34 AM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I would guarantee that the dealers have lost a great deal of money in this mess too. I wonder how much warranty work already done has not been paid by EHGNA... millions of dollars I suspect as it appears that they pretty much stopped paying bills in Oct/Nov.

Just a mess for everyone... the only one coming out like a rose is the Hymer family. I expect the massive amount of money helps soothe any insult of their new reputation as crooks and thieves who destroyed the lives of so many.
I don't see how you can say the Hymer family didn't loose in this, nor paint them as crooks & thieves without any evidence. They clearly lost several hundred million dollars in their investment and profit on the sale of EHGNA. To think they should have an obligation to pour even more money into this mess is pretty naive. They don't owe the employees anything other than employment if they had a viable operation.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote