Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 05:37 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default A water Issue

I didn't have this problem when I originally got the RV in 2016 but it's been occurring with some regularity:

When I first set out on a trip I get a lot of air bursts in the plumbing when I open a faucet. It usually subsides after a while. Can't figure it out. Replaced the pressure relief valve on the water heater (which was dripping) but that didn't solve anything. Have tried filling the fresh water with a faucet open. No luck. Have tried filling lines with the direct water connection first before filling the fresh water tank. Nope.

At night when no one is using the water system I occasionally hear the pump do a very brief run (1-2 seconds) which seems to me that there is some leak which is depressurizing the system. Not sure if that's related.

Anyone experience this? Any suggestions?

thx.glenn
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #2
Platinum Member

The air bursts are just bubbles in the system. Takes awhile to get them out. Once out don’t let the freshwater tank get too low.

The 2 second water pump runs are caused by seepage in the toilet valve or leakage in the check valve in the water pump. Turn the water pump off at night.

Sucking air in from a leak on the low pressure side of the water pump is possible but not likely.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Replace your water pump. They are cheap and not designed to last forever.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote