Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Adventure Van Expo

The Adventure Van Expo is this weekend in Mt. Hood Meadows, Oregon. I will be there for a few hours today with Hein and Kim from 3D Impact. You can see Hein’s HDPE CNC work with my 80/20 conversion and ask questions at will. https://www.adventurevanexpo.com/mt-hood-meadows
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Yesterday I attended the Adventure Van Expo in Mt. Hood Meadows with DIYVan folks. Hein did all CNC work for me and asked me to be part of his group. They have a lot of great products these days for DIY community. It was great show and a lot of people attended. At 5000’ Sun was brutal but it was not hot. Mt Hood Meadows is 1.5 hour from Portland, but the distance didn’t stop folks from coming, parking was overflowing.

As I mentioned there was a lot of people attending, a lot of small companies, a lot of young folks, good products; overall, I perceived it as an indicator that this younger folks, adventurous market is untapped by larger RV manufacturers with some exception like Winnebago.

Regarding my van the most prevailing comment was “wow, this is open” as folks compared it with other "windowless" like layouts. Folks commented that light color of HDPE and aluminum added to this open feeling beside 360-degree windows.

One fellow looked at it and said “Oh, new Westfalia”, felt good as it was my objective.