Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #1

Default Adventurous or Agile or...undicided

Hi to all,
I'm a new member here. I'm planning to buy my 1st RV (prefers sprinter based class B), done a lot of research online, but still undicided....deciding between the short wheelbase sprinter like the RT Agile/ PW Ascent or the long wheelbase like the RT Adventurous. I hope members here can help me out deciding.

I'm going to use it as my 2nd vehicle, so parking on regular parking spaces is a must. Some reviews online is kinda confusing, some say RT Adventurous can be parked on regular size parking spaces, which I highly doubt...it's 23 feet long, can you really park this on grocery parking areas? Some may say, why not just get the Agile/Ascent? ...the problem is, it's really hard to find a used Agile or Ascent, there is more used Adventurous/ PW plateu etc. out there. If someone is using there Adventurous and the like as a 2nd vehicle, pls. give me your insight/input to this.

I'm also interested on the new american made (??), Four Winds Ventura, again it's 23 or 24 feet long so it might be a problem with me. There is not much review on this RV online. They are way cheaper than the Candian made versions, for a reason I guess.

Thank you. Have a nice day everyone.
inutel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Adventurous or Agile or...undicided

The slightly older SS-Agile (2006) is shorter than the current short wheel base model. I'd love to get one but they are hard to come by.

Small is great for getting around a city. Large is great for camping. You can carry more stuff

Think about how you'll use it. If it primarily a second vehicle with occasional weekend camping then shorter is probably better.

Sorry I can't help much re: Sprinters - I have never had one.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
can you really park this on grocery parking areas?
I drive an Adventurous; its not for parking in grocery store lots, unless you can take two spots. Its not wide, but it is long. I usually hang out around the edge of the lot while the wife in inside enjoying the AC.

Save travels!
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

That Ventura model has the awning (I'm guessing that's what it is) sitting almost on top
of the roof. Now if you're looking for a built in stealth feature, that's got to be it, as my first
impression was it looked like some sort of roof rack, like a commercial van.
How expensive are Sprinter parts/service, now that MB and Chrysler have parted ways?
Also, there might be issues getting/finding service locations for routine repairs and such,
same reason. Just something to consider. Personally, I do like Sprinter based units, except
for the height. I'd swap my 350V8 gas for a decent deisel replacement in a heartbeat.
I just got a hard to turn down good deal on my Chev-based van.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #5

Thank you all for your replies. That help me decide, I'll be using it more as second vehicle. I'm thinking the kids will have more fun riding the RV instead of using the SUV even for shorter trips. I'll keep looking for a shorter wheelbase sprinter like the Agile. Parking in our driveway is not an issue, so I have no problem with that. Thanks again.

PS. the Ventura is a new sprinter based Class B by Fourwinds. It looks really nice, in the pictures at least. They are also way cheaper than other Class B sprinters. You can get them for 70K brand new, it's still a lot of money so I'm shooping for a used one.
inutel is offline   Reply With Quote