Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #1

Default Advice on selling a 2005 Roadtrek 190 Versatile

Hello All,
I have a great (under 50k miles) 2005 190 Versatile, it is in really good shape, has things like the original foldable beds that can make the two front seats into beds, and the original mosquito netting, I have added a backup camera and cared for it well, it has a new water heater, batteries, and it is in perfect mechanical shape. I am throwing everything in (making it turnkey, dishes, grill that works off house propane, hitch bike rack, tag along cargo wagon) I am looking for a premium (i.e. $45k)

Two real questions:
How do you think the easiest method to sell this? RVTrader? etc?
And once I have someone who wants to buy.. any idea on dealing with the actual transaction? Is there an escrow service to use? I am kinda worried about a cashiers check and let them drive away. How have others done this and what would you trust both as a buyer and seller.

I have a small loan on it, I suppose it is best if I pay that off now and get a clear title. Anyway I have never done this big of a transaction before. Would really appreciate any thoughts and advice from all of you.
elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Do you have a bank you deal with? I’ve done this twice, once as buyer and once as seller. As a buyer from out of town we agreed I would get a cashiers check in my name and fax (before email was I’ll was everywhere) a copy to the sellers bank manager. That manager contacted my bank and confirmed the check. More recently as a seller I had the buyer set up a wire transfer and execute it as we sat at my local bank manager’s desk with my title in hand. It wasn’t instant so we left the title with the manager and got lunch.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #3

I do have a bank I use, and that makes a lot of sense, sit together with the banker, make sure the funds transfer and then give the title.. great idea! Thanks
elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:26 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I paid cash for my B

The seller and I went to his bank
The bank notarized the title change ( required in AZ)
And the cash went from my hand to his to his bank

done

I don't deal with any kind of 3rd party, I wouldn;t have any interest in buying from a seller who didn't have clear title- or titled in another State- clear that up first

cash ( or equivalent) is king

I often do deals on vintage guitars where a fat envelope is the way it's done unless dealing with a trusted colleague where reputation adds to the surety of the item sold

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote