Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Agile SS Air Suspension

Has anyone tried to upgrade to Air Suspension on a Agile SS Sprinter . I was looking into it and can not find any input whatsoever .
David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Advanced RV is the place to go for info

https://www.youtube.com/user/Advance...ery=suspension
Old 07-31-2018, 03:27 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

Advanced RV is the place to go for info

https://www.youtube.com/user/Advance...ery=suspension
Better have a fat wallet. Not knocking Advanced RV, they're just way too rich for my pocket.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Better have a fat wallet. Not knocking Advanced RV, they're just way too rich for my pocket.
You don't have to buy their RV.

They do upfits... you can buy the air suspension only and they will install it for you.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
You don't have to buy their RV.

They do upfits... you can buy the air suspension only and they will install it for you.
Their quiet a/c estimate I saw over on airforums.com was $2300 plus the cost of a trip to their factory in Cleveland. That's pricey and what I was referring to. I have no reason to believe their other work isn't pricey since Advanced RV is a quality outfit.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:26 PM   #6
BPA

Default Following.

I will have same question when my new agile arrives. We have vbair on our current sprinter and love it.
BPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:04 PM   #7

David, there's only so much you can do on an Agile to improve the ride. However, that's actually a good thing. You can do these things if you're handy. Personally, I'd stay away from the Air system. They really only can help you carry more or harden the ride. Here's what I did on my Agile: I replaced the stock rear sway bar with a Roadmaster, a direct fit. The stock anti-sway bar is way to light, the Roadmaster is a little stiffer and takes out too much sway and lets you handle crosswinds much better. I also removed the stock spring cushions with Sumo Springs. The only thing you should do is get the front and back axles when loaded as you would be on a trip. Then adjust your tire air pressure to the weight. Do not put 80lbs of air in the tires unless you are carrying the maximum weight, you'll jar your teeth. Use the tire tables to tell you what the air pressure should be based on weight. Stone or gravel scales will weigh at minimal charge. Your ride and handling will be at its optimum.
just4grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I would certainly not agree that air ride systems stiffen the ride and only give more weight capacity. Just ask anyone who has had ARV put the air ride in the back of their Sprinters and they all say it is night to day better.

We took just 1/2 the weight off the springs in our Chevy and put it on aftermarket airbags and it got much smoother in the rear.

There is a reason the use air ride on buses, trains, trucks, luxury cars, and million dollar RVs, etc when the they need a smoother ride. It works.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agile ss, air ride, air suspension, sprinter