Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2022, 12:40 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default air leak in sink faucet -- Roadtrek 190 2006

So I seem to have air getting into my faucet -- water only comes out in small spurts. The shower works fine, but maybe the air is getting into the pump but only noticeable at the sink because more water comes out? Anyway, just how one goes about fixing this problem and any idea where the air might be getting in?
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:29 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hot or Cold or both ?

Pump or city water or both ?

Does your pump run when the taps are closed ? this might indicate an un seen leak and the pump is restoring pressure in the lines
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:42 PM   #3
Silver Member

From the pump and using cold water.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #4
Silver Member

Not sure about the hot -- haven't actually used the water heater yet. (just purchased)
Old 08-03-2022, 03:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I'd connect to city water, run water through all the systems to purge air. disconnect city water. make sure you have water in fresh tank above the pick up tube.

and then see what the result is.

the pump should resist back flow- even if turned off and the tap is open- it shouldn't "suck" air

my own pump was having some issues with priming and I found deposits of minerals on the diaphragm. easily cleaned out and reinstalled
( I have now a spare new pump on my shelf...I ordered it in a panic before I could get to and service my old pump).

I need to get better about prepping for a trip a week before departure rather than a couple of days before, so as to have time for these little things
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:21 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I agree getting water flowing out all locations first using city water is a good idea. Look at your hot water tank as it may be bypassed (rather than simply isolated) or it may be valved in. See if you get water out of the hot water faucets confirming what you found at the hot water tank. you won't want to try heating your hot water until you know the hot water tank is full and valves are set correctly.

Confirm your fresh water tank is full. Then try switching over to your pump by turning it on....and you likely have valves that need to be changed in position to switch from city water to the pump....so do that also. Pump should shut off if no faucets are open and might cycle or stay constantly on when you are running water out the faucets. You may also have a strainer between the FW tank and your pump that could be plugged. Also there can be plugging at faucets in piping or aerator screens.

If you still have a problem, try to isolate where and when it happens....and the conditions when it does not happen are also important.
SQUASHMIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:40 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Lots of complex bad advice here....get some CLR and clean the aerator or replace it. Different size on Amazon. Never use the city water connection...now others can fire away
https://www.amazon.com/rv-faucet-aer...faucet+aerator
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:20 AM   #8
Bronze Member

[QUOTE=ChicagoTom;141380]Lots of complex bad advice here....Never use the city water connection...now others can fire away.

ChicagoTom,

If you only know of one possible solution, why not just post that without making a general negative remark about other folk's suggestions?

Or if you wanted to provide some education, can you explain why something is a bad idea.
SQUASHMIRE is offline   Reply With Quote