Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2020, 06:18 PM   #1

Default Aldi Heat Very Weak

2018 ROADTREK ADVENTUROUS CS SOLAR/LITHIUM ALDI electric and diesel heat. Heat works as does hot water: using either electric or diesel BUT HEAT is weak! hot water is good. I set desired temp at 86F, but can only maintain +17F over outside temp. Night time outside temp below freezing but not below 25F. So 43F in RV. Do I have t bleed it? Anti-freeze/coolant tank for heat OK and it does bubble etc. All electric RV, Solar, Litium, and diesel heat. No propane.

Dave
dself@icloud.com
dself@icloud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The Alde puts out a lot of btu's, when working properly. Is the fluid in the overflow reservoir at proper level and hot? Are the floors heating up? (Mine get to about 90 degrees F when running the diesel heater, a bit less on electric. An infrared thermometer is useful to trace heating lines through floor.) If floors not heating, check under rear side benches to make sure there is not a closed valve on the lines that carry heated glycol under the floor. If that not issue you might have a air blockage and will have to bleed system.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Default RE: Alde Heating

Heater typically takes an hour to heat up well. Check high points and bleed air till glycol soln comes out. If floor not heating most likely due to needing to clamp a hose to force solution to go under floor. I can send you a link to YouTube video showing how to do this. Glycol solution is recommended to be changed every two years. IF you have switch under the front passenger seat to heat engine, be sure it is off. Install a remote temp sensor outside the cabinet where the display is located (if that cabinet heats up) because the thermostat is located behind the display. Otherwise, leave the cabinet door open when using heat. Remote sensor not expensive (as I recall it’s only around $35 and very easy to install.
hdevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #4

Unit already has remote sensor by bed (put my finger on it and temp changes): maybe info from both. I clamped the line under passenger side rear seat aft of the bathroom and do get floor heat (some) and maybe after bleeding it will be better. It is better on the diesel heater vs electic but still not ready for offgrip winter yet. Will update after bleeding.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default Re: Alde heating

If remote sensor reading is higher than ambient temperature in van, I would consider moving the remote sensor. I have mine located above the galley on wood panel. There is space been wood panel and the window, which gives me a much more accurate in van temperature reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote Sensor for Alde.jpg (229.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-16-2021, 05:58 PM   #6

Remote sensor is pretty far back over bed; today when it read 70s on the screen I put thumb on it and got rise. After heat was on it read 96; it wasn't 96; is it posiblle that two sensors are in operation? One in the "hot" closet and the other remote one (brown button looking one) on wall over bed? There is a temp differential function on the Aldi screen: still trying to figure out the -10/+10 which way is which. I put it at -10 today and got heat back on.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #7
Bronze Member

When the remote sensor is plugged in the back of the display, it is the only one operational. You could disconnect the remote and purchase another remote and use that one. Before permanently mounting it, you should test it first (in the place you wish to put it). Wire should be long enough. If your Alde is working fine at nite, you would know for sure that you need to have the remote in a different spot.