Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #21
Bud
Platinum Member

"Dumping black or graywater tanks is illegal on virtually all public lands (and most other places as well)."

avanti, you may want to speak with Humble Road about his plan of dumping his gray water while driving public streets, roads, highways........

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
"Dumping black or graywater tanks is illegal on virtually all public lands (and most other places as well)."

avanti, you may want to speak with Humble Road about his plan of dumping his gray water while driving public streets, roads, highways........

Bud
Yeah, I'm aware.

avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #23
Silver Member

I see that my comment was removed and we even had a whiner request it not so subtly.
Oddly, the moderator didnt remove several comments to that don't even address the question that was asked.
If comments and debates over reality and the accepted dictionary meaning of words are too much for "Americans"(and I use that word loosely) to handle, then perhaps some citizenships need to be retracted because the men who founded this nation weren't so fragile.
Moderator: the "warning" I didn't receive.
Please just post it here for all to see.
Camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #24
Silver Member

And bud w the fragile feelings(and possibly English as a second language), nobody that I see said anything about dumping the black water tank anywhere but a dump station. If you R E A D what I said I said to #1 dump tank(in dump station), #2 purify tank w bleach and dump AGAIN(in dump station), #3 leave dump valve open for urine ONLY and ONLY while boondocking(middle.of nowhere).
We have a language because words matter. It's pretty easy to just read what they say, and hense how I VERY SPECIFICALLY answered the question that was actually asked
Old 08-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #25
Silver Member

There is something I should also say to clear this up for some that might not be aware.
Holding waste in a holding tank creates more waste because you add water when flushing the toilet.

You are not "dumping a holding tank"(as far as the law is concerned) when it is cleaned/sanitized and left open for urine only.
Again for the FOURTH time, I'm only suggesting this WHEN BOONDOCKING.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:58 AM   #26
Bud
Platinum Member

Present Circumstances: I think that the expression is something like 'you can't make this stuff up". These folks just show up and often you don't really know anything about anything ...............

Bud
Old 08-12-2018, 01:01 AM   #27
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Present Circumstances: I think that the expression is something like 'you can't make this stuff up". These folks just show up and often you don't really know anything about anything ...............

Bud
I'm sorry, I apologize as I just made this personal - not like me.

"These folks" Wrong on my part.

Bud
Old 08-12-2018, 01:23 AM   #28
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, I apologize as I just made this personal - not like me.

"These folks" Wrong on my part.

Bud
You have 3 hours to edit/delete your post.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #29
Platinum Member

The original question on this thread had to do with using the shower in the winter in a Class B. Camoman's first post said that people weren't responding to the original post, but his answer didn't respond to that either. He described how he insulated his RV. So, I asked him how he dumps his tanks, because the original question had to do with using the shower. If you're using the shower, that means you're filling up your gray water tank, which means you eventually need to dump your tank, which also means you're probably going to have to move your Class B to get to a dump station, so you can't stay set up in one location for weeks at a time without moving at some point. The response was to leave the valve open so the water is going on the ground.... And fortunately, people responded that that is illegal. I don't think the semantics of the literal meaning of "dumping" as compared to urine just running out of the tank occasionally makes it any more legal to leave the valve open when urine is only pouring out on the ground occasionally. It also doesn't answer the question of how you would dump a grey water tank in the winter, if the weather is below freezing. I'm new to this forum, and I'm glad to see that the responses on most threads are helpful. Also glad to see posts regarding laws and campground rules, which benefit all of us. I certainly wouldn't want to camp where someone has been allowing their urine to pour out on the ground.
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #30
BBQ
Platinum Member

Some food for thought
this clip is "borrowed" from another forum.

Just to let you know,
the parks are very concerned about damages to the environment. They have found people dumping their tanks on the ground, and they are blaming the porta folks for the offense.

This rule might not apply to you, but if we do not take care, more rules will be added. Please don't ruin it for others with your selfish rationalization and justifications.

USE THE DUMP STATION. (Is it that hard ???)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg State Parks.JPG (208.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam G View Post
the question of how you would dump a grey water tank in the winter, if the weather is below freezing.
Take a look at the second picture in msg #10 above. I insulated the dump lines as part of my 4-season conversion. They are heated by the glycol lines and also with a few small 12vdc heat strips.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Take a look at the second picture in msg #10 above. I insulated the dump lines as part of my 4-season conversion. They are heated by the glycol lines and also with a few small 12vdc heat strips.
Thanks, Avanti! I missed seeing the pictures previously. Excuse my ignorance, but I know nothing about Espar D5, a hydronic heating system, or hot glycol. I'm not a mechanic at all and am not familiar with these. I do know about heat strips. Are you able to travel with this set-up, or do you need to stay in a fixed location to maintain the insulation, etc.?
Old 08-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks, Avanti! I missed seeing the pictures previously. Excuse my ignorance, but I know nothing about Espar D5, a hydronic heating system, or hot glycol. I'm not a mechanic at all and am not familiar with these. I do know about heat strips. Are you able to travel with this set-up, or do you need to stay in a fixed location to maintain the insulation, etc.?
The Espar D5 is a diesel-fired hydronic heater, meaning that it uses diesel from the vehicle's tank to heat a water/antifreeze mixture that is pumped around in a closed loop. This water is kept hot at all times and is fed through heat exchangers to heat the coach air and also to make domestic hot water. One vendor of such systems is Rixen's Enterprises. Google will find them.

In my home-brew setup, the hot glycol lines are run along side the water and sewage pipes and bundled together with insulation. This keeps the water from freezing. (I got this idea from Advanced RV, which does this routinely). Yes, it all continues to work while under way.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Thank you for the explanation! That's really cool! I went to Rixen's web site and answered my own question about whether or not their system can be made for gasoline, and it is. Did you install the system yourself or have someone else do it?
Old 08-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Did you install the system yourself or have someone else do it?
My rig came from Great West as a 3-season van with a Rixen's setup. I did the 4-season conversion myself--adding undercarriage insulation, a longer glycol loop, rerouting the hoses along the pipes, and bundling them in insulation.

Tags
"4 season", "american cruiser", internal, water, winter