Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #1

Default Any Coachmen Nova owners

Have been looking at the Coachmen Nova and Coachmen Beyond 22RB. Anybody on here purchased a Coachmen Nova yet?
Old 11-25-2020, 07:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp2001 View Post
Have been looking at the Coachmen Nova and Coachmen Beyond 22RB. Anybody on here purchased a Coachmen Nova yet?
No, but am very interested in the Nova RB Li3. Hope some folks can post to this.
V8at08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #3

also interests in the LI3 and if Coachmen will put the 12volt AC in the Nova
Old 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #4
MN1

I have the Crossfit/Beyond on the Ford Transit. LOVE IT!
MN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:22 PM   #5

Awesome, we picked up our Coachmen Nova yesterday the only floor plan they currently have the 20RB which if i got a Beyond it would have also been the RB model.

Glad you are liking it. i was impressed with the Coachmen Nova on the drive home from Tampa to the Space Coast. Didn't hear a single rattle.

I previously owned a Winnebago Travato and a Trend and Coachmen is light on the documentation compared to Winnebago.

Do you have a roof rack on your Crossfit/Beyond, looking for the MFG to determine if they have any add-ons or can it accept anything on on the market. Looks like the on my Nova is make by Black River/Summit products.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
MN1

No roof rack, but others have bike racks and hitch racks on theirs. Enjoy!
MN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #7

We just took delivery of our Nova. So far, it has been great! Everything worked well on our first trip, just a couple of adjustments for later. We have the new quiet generator and it is QUIET!

Hope you enjoy yours!
Layton100@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #8

Still liking the Nova? I plan on purchasing if I can find one.
OnNTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:12 PM   #9

Default Still liking

Yes we do. Just on way home from two week trip from Portland to Death Valley, Monterey to Bend and back to Portland.

No issues all going well.

Good hunting!
Layton100@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #10

Default Great news

Thanks for confirming my gut feeling about the nova.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:42 PM   #11

Last August (2021) we got our Coachman Nova 20C Li3. It has been in the shop for pretty much 6 months. There have been all kinds of problems (not with the Pro Master) from faulty sensors to electrical to replacing the motherboard. The stitching on the passenger headrest is not of the quality I expected. I find it hard to believe this vehicle passed any type of final inspection. Good luck.
janemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:45 PM   #12

Ugh. I just placed my order for a 20RB Li3 even though I was concerned with the lithium system causing problems. Can you expand on the exact issues?
Old 04-02-2022, 12:44 PM   #13

I don't think it's so much of the lithium as it is the quality of workmanship. We were told the battery initially had a screw that extended from the outside cover into the battery. I know the battery indicated things were fully charged but then the outlets were dead Unless we find out differently, I really think the problems stem from quality control, that the whole vehicle from bumper to bumper wasn't checked. I know when the sensors were replaced, the parts were faulty which meant another waiting period for parts. I hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by janemcc View Post
I don't think it's so much of the lithium as it is the quality of workmanship. We were told the battery initially had a screw that extended from the outside cover into the battery. I know the battery indicated things were fully charged but then the outlets were dead Unless we find out differently, I really think the problems stem from quality control, that the whole vehicle from bumper to bumper wasn't checked. I know when the sensors were replaced, the parts were faulty which meant another waiting period for parts. I hope this helps.
It helps a lot. Let's me know what I might expect. I'm willing to take my chances with coachmen rather than Thor, Jayco (and it's other branded coaches).
Old 04-02-2022, 03:14 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnNTwo View Post
It helps a lot. Let's me know what I might expect. I'm willing to take my chances with coachmen rather than Thor, Jayco (and it's other branded coaches).
Once Thor buys a brand... down the toilet goes any quality control... and then you have to deal with their poor customer support.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 04:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Once Thor buys a brand... down the toilet goes any quality control... and then you have to deal with their poor customer support.
I had a Thor Aria and you are so right. However they seem to own the RV industry right now.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:06 AM   #17

We still don't have it. It's been in the shop since November and before that from mid September til Thanksgiving, then right back since then. The last we were told, the motherboard was to be replaced...who knows what is next. Wish you well.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by janemcc View Post
Ar you referring to the water tank sensors? I've heard about this problem. Is it fixed yet?
Old 06-10-2022, 04:13 PM   #19

When you get the Nova...check everything inside and out, all the switches, controls...everything. I know it sounds common sense but better to uncover a problem before you leave the lot. Good luck. I hope all goes well. Ours might finally be ready to get from the shop. It's had nothing but problems since we got it last August. It has spent most of our ownership time in the shop (about 6 months, if not longer). We have only taken a few short trips. We are now trying to get the warranties extended since we only put about 3 to 4 thousand miles on it. Like I said, Good Luck!
Old 06-10-2022, 04:15 PM   #20

We did have issues with the sensors. We hopefully getting it back later today. Can't wait to uncover the next problem. Good Luck