Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #1

Default Anyone know this van?

05-2010 Annie by nikothenomad, on Flickr

05-2010 Annie Interior Shots by nikothenomad, on Flickr

I have been searching since May when we bought this camper van to see if anyone has one like it or has seen one like it. Although it is similar to the Dodge Roadtrek or the Explorer it is not one of those. There are no specific distinguishing marks other than the standard Dodge B250 symbols. It has a 5.9l 360 engine.

Thanks.

Nicole
nikothenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anyone know this van?

What year is it?

Kind of looks like an early Pleasure-Way if it is from around 1986.

I think that Dodge van body style was made from 1979 to 1993 so it makes the search harder.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Or, if you could post up some more pictures of the van from different angles, inside and outside,
it might "ring a bell" with someone. I'm guessing that if it was a P/W there would be some sort of
P/W badging on it somewhere, door frame edge or somewhere inside or elsewhere on the body or
frame, or inside/under the appliances.
A really long shot might be to see if you can get the VIN number, or the engine ID number(s), and
see if Dodge/Chrysler have a record of who it was originally sold to, prior to being converted.
Like I said, it would be a long shot, but you never know.
Same idea, If there were an unusual appliance or a custom part or fitting with a serial number,
you might be able to trace that back to the appliance/part manufacturer, and then see who it was
sold to.
Again, long shot.
This link has some information on Dodge vans over the years and might give you some clues.
There's even mention of "conversion vans" in the blog, and some were factory built (it's a long
blog, but there are pictures and some interesting historical commentary).
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/b-vans.html
About halfway through the blog there's a picture of an ambulance with "Photo C" embedded in it,
and the van model in the pic, looks like your van.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Platinum Member

You might be able to do a Carfax on it to see who the van was sold to originally, or at least where.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #5

Thanks, ya'll.

I have planned to call Dodge with the vin. Only thing I know from the vin so far is that it was supposedly completed in Windsor Canada. Other than that, nothing.

No markings anywhere and the appliances were standard brand from that time frame.

The van is a 1988 B250. Similar to Roadtreks but only two windows (not three) on top also the bathroom and kitchen are on opposite side than Roadtreks.

Only other unique feature is that it has a drop floor about 8" deep in the center aisle. Pretty much all stickers or markings other than standard B250 and Dodge are missing (even tire pressure labels are gone).

Ah well, I guess she'll remain our Annie the Orphan CamperVan, for now.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikothenomad
Thanks, ya'll.

I have planned to call Dodge with the vin. Only thing I know from the vin so far is that it was supposedly completed in Windsor Canada. Other than that, nothing.

No markings anywhere and the appliances were standard brand from that time frame.

The van is a 1988 B250. Similar to Roadtreks but only two windows (not three) on top also the bathroom and kitchen are on opposite side than Roadtreks.

Only other unique feature is that it has a drop floor about 8" deep in the center aisle. Pretty much all stickers or markings other than standard B250 and Dodge are missing (even tire pressure labels are gone).

Ah well, I guess she'll remain our Annie the Orphan CamperVan, for now.
You'd think they could tell you who it was shipped to after it left the factory. Is there any point in
trying to contact the Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth dealer's database to see if anyone has records from
1988? Booster's suggestion to do a "Carfax" is probably a good one, unless you are in a state or
province which requires used car histories on all vehicles bought and sold there. You could consult
the provincial or state transport authority where you live.
It looks in good shape for an older van. Nice.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #7

Thanks, it was actually in amazing condition considering. We've done some mechanical work (some was required and some was just to know that we had newer parts for the ones that we knew might be a problem later on down the road) and she is running very smoothly. The interior was in stellar shape considering the age but has since been deconstructed to allow for insulating, leak detection and repair and re-wiring. Since we'll be living in her full-time we wanted to make sure she was up to par, safe and warm. )

Well, carfax cost $ that I don't have but is a good idea. I'll try Dodge first and see where that gets me. Mostly I am trying to identify if it is just a Van that was converted well enough to almost look like a Roadtrek or Xplorer or if it really did have a name for the design. The major difference in this and other RV vans of the time is that it seemed to maintain it's VAN look more than others that came out looking more like RV's on the outside. Other than the AC unit on the roof and the extra tail pipe for the generator (which most people have no idea) and a small door for the the water connections (which again most people have no idea) most folks think it is a regular old van with a few unique features on it. I hope that helps when we are wanting to boondock!'

Nicole
Old 02-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #8
Gold Member

Another possibility is L.E.R. conversions. They had many similar features to Roadtreks and were fairly common. Even had the isle shower in some cases. Looks like a decent rig no matter who made it!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
http://WWW.VanTramps.Com
visionquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to rbrtwareham

I have a 91 Leisure travel, same body style as this. slightly different roof. The interior layout is the same.
rbrtwareham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtwareham
I have a 91 Leisure travel, same body style ......
I also have a 1990 Leisure Travel van, quad captain seats like the picture. I have no storage above the second row seats. Also, I have 2 skylights, but the nose between the skylights extends to the front, same slope as windshield. The nose houses the TV/VCR. The noses between the 2 skylights were Leisure Van features, and I don't think yours is a Leisure van. Like you though, I lucked out, with a beauty with only 84,000 km (50,000 miles)
2011 Malibu LT - wonderful winter wheels
Johnny R is offline   Reply With Quote