Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2020, 10:35 PM   #101
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsprinterguy View Post
There is a raft of information about propane tanks available elsewhere. There you can learn the differences between the two types of tanks in use in the US: DOT, and ASME. Tanks permanently mounted in RVs are of the latter type.

Look for a website that displays the various valves and ports on a typical ASME tank. Every one has to have a provision to fill it, and a way to deliver propane to the coach appliances.

Adjacent to the fill port will be a small valve that is opened by the person doing the filling in order to get an idea of when the tank is full. When it is approaching being full, liquid propane will start to "spit" out this valve. This is the spit valve.

Instead of one of us sending pictures of our systems, please post close-up pictures of yours. Then maybe someone will be able to give you concrete advice.

I encourage you to educate yourself about your propane system and become less afraid of it.
Thanks for the info...but I do not need the propane, which is why I have never used it...
I will turn on the heater and try to drain the propane tank that way...
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #102
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRicaS View Post
I will turn on the heater and try to drain the propane tank that way...
Sounds like you have a plan.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:09 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Norcold/Thetford make a T1030 which will fit and is very expensive.
Are you sure that's the correct model number? I searched all over for T1030 and nothing came up.
Ph0t0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:21 AM   #104
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0t0n View Post
Are you sure that's the correct model number? I searched all over for T1030 and nothing came up.
Oopsie. T1090

LINK

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #105
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Oopsie. T1090

LINK

That is a an interesting layout for a frig, especially the ventilation which can be an issue on many compressor frigs. You see how it actually works on the parts diagram link at the given link.

Vented inside only which is by far the most common way now as it is way less expensive and easy, I think.

All the venting occurs at the top of the frig, which is unusual. I don't think it is really much of a bad thing do to the way it is done so it doesn't fight gravity.

Split vent on top of fridge with inlet apparently on the right, exhaust on the left. Compressor and condenser appear to be in a horizontal notch across the back with a fan to force the cooling all through the condenser and ducting to route it up and back to the front. I don't know if something like baffles are missing from the parts explosion, but I don't see them for dividing the venting and such, and there is no PN for the compressor or condenser.

A big thing for me would be if the compressor setup was Danfoss or or not so a variable speed control or one of the full automatic energy saving/storing controls could be fit to it.

Running amps spec looks to be normal range but maybe a bit to the higher side. You can't really tell much about daily use from running amps and need to see 24 hr controlled environment power use testing like Isotherm gives for their units to really know and compare between units.

It will be interesting to see how they perform when someone gets one. I would rate the ventilation design as one of the best that we have seen, if it is well designed for fits, airflow, efficiency and not just slapped together like way to many RV parts are.

On edit, now I am confused as I just found a pic of the T1090 and it does not look to be built as I thought from the parts list.

The rear pics doesn't look they duct the air at all and only blow air over the compressor first and to the condenser second. In a van that fan would be right up on a sidewall unless a lot of clearance left and it could easily pull hot air coming out of the compressor/condenser and loop. Nothing special there at all and no baffles so all air must have to come up from the bottom by gravity and out the front. Could have been done much better, I think, with the compressor and condenser in that location.

Looks to be made by Norcold same as the N1090 from them, it appears. I found a pic of the Norcold from the left side and it does have the duct on it but no rear view. The duct has be cutouts on it though so would be pretty useless to control airflow and looping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T1090 frig.JPG (52.9 KB, 30 views)
booster is offline   Reply With Quote