Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2018, 12:29 AM   #81
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
what he said...

I wholeheartedly agree.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #82
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&J Phillips View Post
That attitude is fine with me, IF you also eschew all of the advantages of the "society" you are refusing to subscribe to - don't use the roads & bridges, schools, rely on police to keep you safe, etc. and all the other things that we as a "society" pay for.

I pay my share and I resent anyone who uses those provided services but doesn't pay.
Thank you! Agreed
Davidy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #83
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
For those who live in Arizona- there is no sales tax on a private party used vehicle sale- that can save almost 10% right there.

So used- and no dealers- dealers have to collect taxes

The MT LLC, i looked into it a few years ago-

In AZ we are encouraged to report out of State licensed vehicles as they do not pay their share.

I'm paying fees for 4 cars and 3 bikes and the guy a block over isn't.

PHX has some of the worst air in the nation esp in the winter- the inversion holds the tailpipe emissions close to the ground- out of State vehicles may not meet standards due to poor condition.

mike
MK (Mike); glad to see you posting again.
AZ ADVenturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #84

"So, I'm not breaking the law, just bending it a little" From the whole discussion, this is the coolest sentence
DeweyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:22 PM   #85
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyS View Post
"So, I'm not breaking the law, just bending it a little" From the whole discussion, this is the coolest sentence
Nah, he lost me with his scheme to re-sell Costco coffee. I knew then he hadn't thought it through.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:52 PM   #86
Platinum Member

FWIW, have a friend in VA, registered his A in FL, to avoid the Personal Property Tax. He was caught and wound up paying dearly. Some States are onto these practices…just a matter of time. Just paid the PPT on our B in December, with the upswing in vehicle sales prices, it was $2000.00.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:29 PM   #87
Gold Member

This post is 3.5 years old, but tax laws haven't changed much. OP is trying to apply the CA BoE reseller exemption to a vehicle purchase. This is plain wrong on a couple of "grounds." (1) Vehicle tax is paid to the CDTFA (usually via the dealer or DMV), not the BoE (2) he is end user of vehicle, not a dealer, He must pay the 7.5% state tax with no ifs, ands, or buts.

What he should do is write it off his taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightstuf View Post
Hi folks!
Brand new to the class B thing and have begun my hunt for the right vehicle in earnest!

What I plan to do is to purchase and have it delivered to my friend's house in Montana. I will set up an LLC there and name my company "-- ---- Fine Coffee."
Coffee will be purchased at Costco in bulk. That's what I also drink in my K-cup dispenser at home which I also bought at Costco. I'll sell it out of the side door in my Travato! That is if anyone considers Kirkland coffee "fine."
The California Board of Equalization will issue you an exemption from sales/use tax If...and that's a big IF you can meet all the requirements for the first 12 months after delivery.
I live in San Diego and plan to spend about 5 months on the road doing a lot of fly-fishing with my Montana buddies and traveling to other fun spots! during the late spring/summer/early fall. I'll winter at home.

Now, before you say "this guy just wants to evade taxes," I do pay tax and ALOT of it! Sales tax where I live is over 8%. I also pay almost 8k in property tax. My thought is that now that I'm retired and enjoying the fruits of my labor, I'm entitled to a break! I also think that i'm out of California for a good part of the year not benefitting from all our sales tax is used for. And it's 100% legal. So, I'm not breaking the law, just bending it a little.

Thoughts?
HWDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 04:02 PM   #88
Platinum Member

An oldie but goodie. Where you establish your domicile is kind of important.

https://www.denverpost.com/2008/05/2...tration%20fees.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:59 PM   #89
Platinum Member

And...viewed from a different angle;

if you're involved in an accident and your insurance company is able to reveal your devious intent, will you be up the creek without a paddle?