Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 02:36 PM   #1

Default Backup macerator photos

I have not tried the setup stated earlier .It should work. let me know what you think. I will try to include pictures of what I did.
yanbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #2

Checking reply
Old 07-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Is the valve and rubber fittings just for temporary backup use?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:22 PM   #4

Everything from the clean out to where the macerator goes in is permanent. The setup after that is stored in your rig for emergency dumping of black and gray tanks until you can get your permanent macerator fixed. I hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
Platinum Member

The valve handle looks pretty low to the ground, making it more easliy damaged by road debris, speed bump humps, etc.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Several members here have made emergency backup systems for the macerator systems, us included, but have used a back up gravity system because of it's simplicity and near fail safe design when unused for long periods of time. Plus no extra macerator to haul around all the time. I don't know if any have ever had to use them yet, we haven't, but it is nice to know you have it.

Ours is entirely installed all the time under the van except for a short slinky in a tube strapped to the rear underside of the van but accessible from the rear.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Default Several members here have made emergency backup systems for the macerator systems

I had to install the sweeping wye, with emergency dump port, that goes between the holding tanks and the macerator, since that was no OEM installed in 2007. I chose to just leave the dump plug in place and have a fitting and 2" flat hose stowed on board.

When the dump plug is removed, there are a couple gallons of liquid (of what ever liquid was last dumped) that comes out before the fitting and hose can be put inplace. This can be caught in a suitable plastic container and disposed in the dump hole. This liquid can't be pumped by the macerator since the macerator is mounted upside down and the inlet slot is at the top of the macerator inlet.

If I ever have to use this while on a trip, my plan is to dump at a campground where I have plenty of time (not at a dump station open to all). I will pull in forward so the dump hole is on the passenger side.

I chose to use a 2" flat hose because it stores in a small roll. the 90 goes on the hose far end to insert into the dump hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.jpg (296.7 KB, 6 views)
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:19 AM   #8

The valve is actually a little higher then the height of the macerator on the Roadtrek. It just looks that way by the angle of the picture. I'm just giving all out there this option. This gives me peace of mind if my macerator fails I'm not totally screwed. Choose the option which is best for you. Happy 4TH!