Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dja06422 View Post
2020 Pleasureway Plateau FL. Build quality is top notch as well as components. To new to know much more. Only time will tell.
Yep, have an older 2004 Pleasure Way...is great shape!! Good workmanship!!
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Default Based on Quality and service who would you pick?

Airstream is owned by Thor. They also own Hymer.

Build quality on my 2020 Winnnebago Revel has been fine. A few squeaks and rattles to deal with.

Build quality on my 2013 Roadtrek RS adventurous is mostly ok. Biggest problem was a flawed propane tank tube from a vendor that caused many regulator failures and now the @#%%&$ 2nd row seat recall. Most irritating issue is the cabinet latches where the plastic parts are always breaking. No fancy battery system on mine that seem to generate a lot of negative comments from owners.

Obviously I like the Sprinter platform. Did have some Nox sensor issues covered on 2013 under warranty. Strangely, the keys are fussy on the 2019.

Service on both not the best mostly because it takes months to get appointments. And my closest Roadtrek dealer will not do the seat recall because I didn’t buy it from them. Irritating because they were not a Roadtrek dealer when I bought it.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Default Custom build

I don't have direct experience, only from probably too much online research.. We're going with Sportsmobile for our build and moving from a Sprinter to a Transit for the Gas engine.

For a production van, the PleasureWay seems to universally get high marks for quality. I just drove an Ontour 2.2 yesterday and the internal quality looks great. Can't tell how the wiring is done, but their videos and customers say it's good.

I'm going with Sportsmobile because their quality seems to be excellent and I can get exactly what I want (the Pleasureway has some build choices I don't care for) AND it costs about $15-20k less than the comparable Pleasureway
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #24
Bronze Member

Default Quality of build and customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outoftheratrace View Post
Based only on quality of build and customer service who would you pick, and why?

1. Winnibago
2. Pleasure way
3. Thor
4. Airstream
5. Some one you don't have listed
I have had excellent support from both Pleasure-Way (2001 Lexor) and Winnebago (2016 Travato). Winnebago has much better documentation available and much larger user groups for those who perform their own service.
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote