Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 01:57 AM   #1

Default Best or favorite zero gravity chair

Starting the search for a zero gravity camp chair. What is your favorite or ones I should be considering?
slim4511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Bronze Member

I bought 2 at big Lots for $30 each on sale which was a deal, that was over 4 years ago and one is still intact. I inadvertently cured my knee pain using the chair. I had severe knee pain but after I used the chair the pain went away. I found out from a physical therapist that blood was pooling around my arthritic knee and that elevating the knee above the heart flushed the pooling blood out of the knees and into the lymph glands in the groin and thus out of the body

Hmmm, I got off the subject. My neighbor bought a really good zero gravity chair from a hunting supply catalog called Cabela's , I think he paid less than $50 for it and it is better than the one I had. The next one I get I will order from Cabela's
shoalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:55 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I looked long and hard for zero gravity loungers when I had my Great West Van. The ones I found that could fold up tight and fit behind our sofa between the back doors was a Cabelas Timber Ridge model. It was there least expensive and I bought them for $26 on sale. Now in my Advanced RV I can fit almost any of them.

This is how I carry them.

Inside, I designed my own electrically operated zero gravity loungers/beds.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Nice setup in your rv! You have the most comfortable loungers being zero gravity, and you designed them.
Yes, plenty of room for them in your Sprinter.
Now you got me going. I'm going to order a chair from Cabelas.
Thanks for your response and the pictures!
Noël
Marathon, Fl.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I am certainly an outlier on this, but I have never cared for the zero gravity loungers. I seem to need to move around when I sit, not set into a relatively fixed position. A comfortable folding camp chair, foot stool or picnic table seat, for my feet and I am happy. Feet up, feet down, move around. DW on the other hand, can sit in the same position for hours, and at home has a Cabella's zero gravity lounger.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:58 AM   #6
Bronze Member

By the way, i watched a YouTube video made by Advanced RV a few months ago and was your rv featured? I remember the unique loungers and I remember that it was the most impressive class b I'd ever seen. Was that you and your wife?
Noel
Old 08-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #7
Platinum Member

I love them and have several, but alas do not carry them. The only place they would fit was in the stowaway, and I vowed not to carry that much junk around again.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoalster View Post
By the way, i watched a YouTube video made by Advanced RV a few months ago and was your rv featured? I remember the unique loungers and I remember that it was the most impressive class b I'd ever seen. Was that you and your wife?
Noel
Yes that video was made when we picked up our B.

Zero gravity loungers can double as just sitting in chairs as in the photo I posted. They are bulky however to carry around. I just found most Class Bs are uncomfortable sitting inside and there comes a time weeks on the road where you just wish you could relax as you did in your stick built home. The zero gravity loungers satisfied that somewhat. Then I wanted the same relaxation inside my B.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
Silver Member

We have la Fuma chairs ...I found them at an RV dealer like 15 years ago. Great chairs.
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Yes that video was made when we picked up our B.

Zero gravity loungers can double as just sitting in chairs as in the photo I posted. They are bulky however to carry around. I just found most Class Bs are uncomfortable sitting inside and there comes a time weeks on the road where you just wish you could relax as you did in your stick built home. The zero gravity loungers satisfied that somewhat. Then I wanted the same relaxation inside my B.
Your self designed zero gravity loungers in your Advanced RV look like the ultimate way to relax. I've always preferred the twin bed layout in a class b but yours is a step further. I had a Leisure Travel with an electric folding couch in the rear and I didn't like it. The Leisure Travel was very well made but they built a lot of their units with the folding couch.

It would be great if some of the class b manufacturers would follow suit and offer loungers similar to yours.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesteel View Post
We have la Fuma chairs ...I found them at an RV dealer like 15 years ago. Great chairs.
I just checked out the Lafuma chairs on Amazon and the prices ranged from $176 to $322.
Those chairs must be very high quality. I read that they use some kind of high-tech fabric?
Old 08-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Quote:
I checked out the Lafuma zero gravity chairs at Amazon and the prices ranged from $176 to $322. They must be very high-quality chairs. It appears that they used a high-tech fabric?
Old 08-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Quote:
I checked out the lafuma zero gravity chairs at Amazon and the prices ranged from $176 to $322. They must be very high-quality chairs. I read that the fabric is a high-tech material?
Old 08-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Your self designed zero gravity loungers in your Advanced RV look like the ultimate way to relax. I've always preferred the twin bed layout in a class b but yours is a step further. I had a Leisure Travel with an electric folding couch in the rear and I didn't like it. The Leisure Travel was very well made but they built a lot of their units with the folding couch.

It would be great if some of the class b manufacturers would follow suit and offer loungers similar to yours.
What I conceived and designed and Advanced RV refined and executed was not cheap. They have since built more for other customers and have further improved the design. They would be costly for a dealer sold RV from a converter. I don't know if you will see any soon from others. Similar can be achieved with a manual setup but not as sophisticated (mostly back propping). Numbers of Bs built are just not going to justify it.

The problem with electric folding sofas and twin beds with bolster cushion fillers in Class Bs is simple. There is no back, neck and head support as you can get in your home furniture. I can individually control the foot elevation, back elevation and the head angle to satisfy reading a book, watching TV, just relaxing and, of course, sleeping.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #15
Bronze Member

Quote:

I checked out the Lafuma Zero Gravity chairs at Amazon and the prices ranged from $176 to $322. They must be high quality chairs. It appears they use a high tech fabric?
Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
Bronze Member

Quote:
I checked out the Lafuma Zero Gravity chairs at Amazon and the prices ranged from $176 to $322. They must be high quality chairs. It appears they use a high tech fabric?
I would think it more in their plastic clip system to hold fabric to frame. i have always had a problem with the shock cord support failing after a season of use.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #17
Bronze Member

Yes, that's what happened to mine, the bungee cords failed. I replaced the bungees and then the main fabric failed...still a good chair though from Big Lots
Old 08-09-2016, 01:50 PM   #18
Silver Member

My la Fuma chairs have bungees and we have had to restring them once, but they are older and I did pay a lot for them...dont recall anymore. The fabric has held up well. These were the first gravity chairs I had ever seen. I bought a cheaper one at a big box store and it was no where near as comfy.
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #19
Platinum Member

I found this site helpful:
Zero Gravity Chairs HQ
http://zerogravitychairshq.com

I liked it because it talked about how the different brands are constructed and some have their measurements listed. In reading about the various chairs, I also realized that since my legs are longer than most folks' legs, the bar at the bottom of the footrest would be right up against my Achilles tendons. Since I screwed up my right tendon, resting the weight of my lower leg on a bar is out of the question.

I was able to find a zero-gravity chair that should fit me at the Living XL store. Since a big chair takes up a big storage space, I'll probably end up with a more traditional upright chair.
http://living-xl.destinationxl.com/m...ush&navCount=0
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
Bronze Member

Quote:
My la Fuma chairs have bungees and we have had to restring them once, but they are older and I did pay a lot for them...dont recall anymore. The fabric has held up well. These were the first gravity chairs I had ever seen. I bought a cheaper one at a big box store and it was no where near as comfy.
I stand corrected, I think. Can't seem to get a good close-up pic of the la Fuma chairs, but their attachment system appears to be different, or maybe just beefier.
There's gotta be something to justify the high price.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote