Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 04:24 AM   #1
Rok
Platinum Member

Default Best Tires for Sprinter Motorhomes

Hi All,

As many of you know we have a 2013 Great West Legend SE which, of course, is a Sprinter based RV. And, it's almost exactly 3 years old.

Early on we found that the driver side front tire was wearing oddly, the outside of the tire was wearing much more than the rest of it. We were told it was probably alignment. That was at 15,000 miles or so.

After another 5,000 miles (after the alignment) it got much worse. Turns out it wasn't alignment at all, but the tread was separating from the tire. We had another trip to take in two weeks, and we really didn't want to buy another Continental (which I think is the way tire warranties work), so we let our tire dealer talk us into a tire that sounded good (we got a pair of them to maintain balance).

The tire is a Commercial T/A All-Season 2 by BF Goodrich. Can anyone tell us whether or not we were steered right? Online reviews are mixed, but mostly good for this tire.

And while we are on the subject, what do you all consider the best tires for Sprinters that have been turned into motorhomes?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

So far, the tires seem to be good, but we've only used them for a little less than 1000 miles.

--Rocky
Rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I replaced our Continentals with Michelins and like them and I rarely see anyone with issues for Michelins except sometimes about the prices. I got 5 Michelins for our 08 Roadtrek RS on the 2500 SRW chassis for around $1000 as I recall two years ago at Costco.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote