Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtogo View Post
Went this morning to MB dealer for the Emission Mod. Was told it will take all day and may go into tomorrow. Cost could be up to $3,000 dollars or more. I have to pay the MB dealer and get reimbursed from MB.
Left because I had plans for later today and tomorrow.
Not sure when I will have time to get back.
Speed sensors parts are not yet available.
The AEM service is free, look your vin number in the MB website. Dealer knows in details once they plug your van into their system but this service is free, unless there is something wrong with your current van which needs to be fixed. Usually it takes 4 hours. For example, if you DEF heater or SCR is not working, warning light is on, you need to fixed it first and pay for it, then they can do the AEM service for free.

Once it is fixed you need to claim whatever MB owes you up to $3.4K. You will get extended warranty as well. https://secure.mbbluetecsettlement.com/

Extensive writing is on the Sprinter forum. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/i...threads/89779/
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:10 PM   #42
Platinum Member

This is a good link to MB comprehensive summary regarding AEM - https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/faq
Old 05-14-2021, 12:27 AM   #43
Platinum Member

Wait, what? You have to pay for the emissions recall work? That seems odd. We paid zero. Not one dime. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
This is a good link to MB comprehensive summary regarding AEM - https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/faq
That is a great summary from MBUSA - thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #45
Platinum Member

MB seems a little cagey about exactly what is being done to bring each vehicle into compliance. We had the AEM done on our 2016, but aside from them giving us a miscellaneous parts list, we don't really know what they did. Benedictions? Potions? Magic wands? Curses and maledictions? We don't really know for sure, but we got it done and we're glad to have done so given the extended emissions equipment warranty that comes along with it.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
MB seems a little cagey about exactly what is being done to bring each vehicle into compliance. We had the AEM done on our 2016, but aside from them giving us a miscellaneous parts list, we don't really know what they did. Benedictions? Potions? Magic wands? Curses and maledictions? We don't really know for sure, but we got it done and we're glad to have done so given the extended emissions equipment warranty that comes along with it.
Open the hood and look at the AEM sticker or ask any dealer to open the hood for you.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #47

Anyone got their money yet?
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:27 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeman View Post
Anyone got their money yet?
I think funds will be dispersed in July.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:56 PM   #49
Bronze Member

Default Post fix trip

After the recall fix just did 3200 mile cross country with only about 25 miles of interstate. Van was perfect. It is 2015 MAD with85,000 miles.
Twinbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:11 AM   #50
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Open the hood and look at the AEM sticker or ask any dealer to open the hood for you.
Thanks for the tip. I did just this, and the sticker under the hood says that for our 2016 Sprinter we got new NOX sensors and a software update. No other boxes on the sticker were checked.

For that we waited three days for the dealer to actually do the work once we left it with them. I guess they were busy!
Old 05-18-2021, 03:11 AM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Thanks for the tip. I did just this, and the sticker under the hood says that for our 2016 Sprinter we got new NOX sensors and a software update. No other boxes on the sticker were checked.

For that we waited three days for the dealer to actually do the work once we left it with them. I guess they were busy!
AEM changes for each van are derived form MBUSA data base based on VIN. Most common replacement/changes are NOx sensors, SCR is changed to copper catalyst, and software. Next is dashboard but rare. Perhaps your van had copper SCR installed at the factory. Enjoy extended 4 years warranty, I do.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:13 AM   #52
Platinum Member

Yes indeed, the extended warranty definitely makes it worthwhile to get the AEM done.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #53
Platinum Member

I scheduled this work on Mondays. I'll drop my van off the previous Friday and enjoy the free brand new loaner for an extra couple of days. (I was underwhelmed by the current E class.)
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:34 AM   #54

wow July for the check, that is a long time?
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:55 AM   #55
Bronze Member

Per the settlement web site: https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/

"Important Update: On July 12, 2021, the Court granted Final Approval of the Mercedes Class Action Settlement and the Bosch Class Action Settlement."

It is my understanding that payments were to start being disbursed in October 2021. I have not received mine yet and do not see any additional updates on the status.
DaveWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:10 AM   #56
Bronze Member

I had mine done in June and submitted paperwork immediately via snail mail. I called last week and confirmed it was received and being processed. No other info was available. I'm guessing they are under staffed like everyone else is and that it is just going to take longer than we all want it to.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #57
Site Team

They need to process the "second owner" situations first--they can't compute how much thy owe to whom otherwise.

And, they may well wait and send all the checks at once--they have little motivation to do otherwise.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote