Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Boldt owners storage question

New to Rv’ing and considering ordering a 2021 Boldt 4x4 (I know, they’re hard to come by.)
My question has to do with storage of outdoor camp items. In both the 70BL and 70KL there doesn’t seem to be any room to store things like folding chairs. Not that I want to bring an entire base camp like a Class A but just a few things. If I bring a dirt bike on a trip I’m going need to store bulky gear.
Where do you store these things?
Batt 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
Bronze Member

P.S. We have not ruled out a Revel either. While this will help with the storage issues I still like the Volta lithium system in the new Boldt for extended boondocking.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I had a 2013 Roadtrek RS 170” and then switched to a 2020 Winnebago Revel 144”. Storage like you describe was limited in the RS by the bed mechanism. On the Revel, because the space under the bed is completely open, I have found that for the way I use the storage space, it has way more usable storage even though it is a smaller van. And if you raise up the bed, the amount of storage is truly amazing.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
PaC

We have a Boldt BL and you’re correct gear storage is a problem. Our last van(ERA) had the under bed storage and with a Stowaway cargo carrier we got along pretty well. We like to bike, kayak, fly fish, which involves gear. In addition to the usual camping gear I like to carry an air compressor, tow strap, tools, etc. The way I set up our Boldt I have an Owlvan spare tire carrier on the drivers side rear door. An Owlvan B2 bike rack and large cargo box on the passenger rear door and a dual receiver hitch which allows us to carry the Stowaway cargo carrier as well and tow a kayak trailer with 2 kayaks. You can latch all kinds of stuff to the Owlvan carriers. Our zero gravity camp chairs usually get slid in through the back door.
PaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:59 AM   #5
Bronze Member

Thank you both!