Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #1

Default Brake flex line question

Hi all,
I am going to take my 05C190P out of winter storage in 3 weeks or so. I'm collecting parts to do the brakes, planning ahead for hilly driving this year. Got the pads for front and rear (NAPA ambulance/police fleet spec semi metallics), and just picked up new brake flex lines from the local Chevy stealership. I gave him my VIN# a week or two ago, and today picked up my 4 flex lines when they finally arrived. Question is, I thought there was only 3 flex lines. Chevy parts guy told me that rear drum braked Express 3500's got 3 lines, 4 wheel disc got 4 lines, one for each caliper. Which makes sense to me. But, I was under the idea there was only 3 on my C190P, even with the 4 wheel discs. I can't run to the storage area to check underneath. Is the parts guy right, and did I get the right flex lines for my rig?
FWIW, Chevy part #'s are

Thanks again in advance.
Jfstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfstang View Post
Hi all,
I am going to take my 05C190P out of winter storage in 3 weeks or so. I'm collecting parts to do the brakes, planning ahead for hilly driving this year. Got the pads for front and rear (Wagner ambulance/police spec semi metallics), and just picked up new brake flex lines from the local Chevy stealership. I gave him my VIN# a week or two ago, and today picked up my 4 flex lines when they finally arrived. Question is, I thought there was only 3 flex lines. Chevy parts guy told me that rear drum braked Express 3500's got 3 lines, 4 wheel disc got 4 lines, one for each caliper. Which makes sense to me. But, I was under the idea there was only 3 on my C190P, even with the 4 wheel discs. I can't run to the storage area to check underneath. Is the parts guy right, and did I get the right flex lines for my rig?
FWIW, Chevy part #'s are

Thanks again in advance.

I thought I remembered 3 also, as the rear ABS is both rear wheels tied together. I may have mixed up with old Buick which is very similar and does have 3 lines. Maybe when the started offering the active stability assist they started to put it all the vans even if they didn't have the stability option. I will have to look at ours as it has been along time since I changed the axle and had the lines off it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:53 AM   #3
Gold Member

My 2008 210 has 4 hoses. I believe the 2005 is the same. Could search the part #s for application.
GroupB is offline   Reply With Quote