Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2021, 02:02 AM   #1

Default Broken sewer line

19D2E489-B636-4CC0-95AE-884B5786C0D0.jpeg

F4B72AA1-88A5-40C4-B962-CBE7268A3620.jpg
I took my 2000 Roadtrek 190 Versatile to a local repair shop because the grey tank started to leak at the valve. It turns out that the bracket on the pipe that the valve is attached to is broken. Any ideas on how to replace/fix this? The repair place said they are not sure where to get the part as Roadtrek is no longer stocking parts for these older models.
I am hoping this is a standard pipe size and it can be cut off and maybe there’s a fitting like this?
The bad news is I live in Houston and after the recent freeze, plumbing supplies are difficult to come by.
GaryWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:20 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I had a similar problem, found a rubber connector in the plumbing section at a big box store.
Cut off pipes and find rubber hose or connector just large enough to fit, seal and clamp. Plumbers tape for supporting the pipes.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Standard ABS/RV pipe fittings. Search YouTube on how to "unglue" glued joints.
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Yes...and the rv-specific valve flanges can be found at any of the on-line rv supply houses. Search for “valterra”.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I had a similar problem, found a rubber connector in the plumbing section at a big box store.
Cut off pipes and find rubber hose or connector just large enough to fit, seal and clamp. Plumbers tape for supporting the pipes.
Yours' is the same idea that first came to my mind. But then I re-read the post and see his is not a simple break. His is broken at the dump valve, so he'll need to replace the broken flanges in order to replace the valve.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWTX View Post
I took my 2000 Roadtrek 190 Versatile to a local repair shop because the grey tank started to leak at the valve. It turns out that the bracket on the pipe that the valve is attached to is broken. Any ideas on how to replace/fix this? The repair place said they are not sure where to get the part as Roadtrek is no longer stocking parts for these older models.
I am hoping this is a standard pipe size and it can be cut off and maybe there’s a fitting like this?
The bad news is I live in Houston and after the recent freeze, plumbing supplies are difficult to come by.
Welcome to the forum Gary!

That is a tough break (no pun intended). As others have stated, there should be parts available (unaffected by the recent freeze shortage). You need to find a competent shop as this should not be a big problem for one that knows what they're doing.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Husband and I had to completely re-do our gray system, plus our vent. I published a multi-post set of instructions here.

Your Class B model is different, but the principles are all the same, and you will be able to use comparable parts.

It's an important job to DIY. Repairs similar to the ones I describe in those posts are generally north of two thousand bucks assuming you can find a repair shop to do them. It's unnecessary to pay prices like that. This kind of plumbing is a pain in the butt and time-consuming, but very do-able with instructions, when you don't have to re-invent the wheel.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadtrek 190 versatile, sewer, sewer valve