Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Canadian Made Parts For B's

I just finished reading about the B owner who cannot find the same size repair parts for his B - because the original is manufactured in Canada! Why can't parts like these be imported and other things....they allow the vehicles in, which is comprised of the very parts that we cannot get hold of to repair a vehicle manufactured in Canada. Whatever the "government regs" - it is time for common sense to prevail - maybe it is to "common" in governments. Ron
Old 05-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

could be- but you could see in his pic, the part in his hand says "made in USA".

Maybe find an original part searching around- but the origin is part the story- the other is time- he has an older vehicle and stuff will naturally become less available as designs change and parts are superceded and supply lines have become longer.

all something to think about with any product which is old

add previous owner and various shop "fixes"* over time and the variables increase

I also pointed out the common use of Robertson head screws in Canada, if you have them in you rB get an R1 and R2 and you'll be set

mike

* many Harley dealers won;t take on a bike more than 5 or 10 years old-simply because over time non standard parts or fasteners are added and the "factory tech" ends up looking at something which doesn;t match the book- adding time to find the correct wrenches etc.
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
I just finished reading about the B owner who cannot find the same size repair parts for his B - because the original is manufactured in Canada! Why can't parts like these be imported and other things....they allow the vehicles in, which is comprised of the very parts that we cannot get hold of to repair a vehicle manufactured in Canada. Whatever the "government regs" - it is time for common sense to prevail - maybe it is to "common" in governments. Ron

I doubt the difference in parts is because it is from Canada.
I think it is simply a matter of supplier.

ICBW
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Ron, which part are you talking about? Which thread?

I'm running into a similar issue with my AC but I'm not sure you're talking about my thread (Gandalf the Roadtrek).
Mat Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Yes, I'm trying to replace my kit. Faucet and am told it's 6 " on center and not made after08...mine 08 rt pop...what to do..iv checked every were. ..linda
lindadoglady@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I don;t know if this would help you but I was able to rebuild the faucet used on my 06 PW...

taking the parts into big box homestore- I had to use parts from 2 different rebuild "kits" to get it sorted.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It's not a Canada vs US thing. The issue is likely that the person in question owns a 2011 motor home built on a 2010 chassis. You need to know the chassis year and not the MH year to order parts.

And some part searches are now done by VIN, rather than year. Websites like Rock Auto will ask you for year, while a dealer search will be done by VIN which is more accurate since they will know the month the vehicle was built in as there may have been a mid year part change.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote