Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #21
Platinum Member

The quality standard on the Banff is like the Axion... not the Sunlight. And yes, there was bragging on FB about the "2 hour build" for the Sunlight. I found it very odd that the management thought that this was a good thing to brag about in public to customers. What customer would possibly think that this is a good idea?

But that was only for the Sunlight and was glaringly obvious.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #22
Bronze Member

According to Hymer when I asked them. There reply was “the ONLY difference between the Sunlight & Banff is the colour of the wood. Banff has dark wood, Sunlight has light wood, other than that they are identical”
Toolman0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
The quality standard on the Banff is like the Axion... not the Sunlight. And yes, there was bragging on FB about the "2 hour build" for the Sunlight. I found it very odd that the management thought that this was a good thing to brag about in public to customers. What customer would possibly think that this is a good idea?

But that was only for the Sunlight and was glaringly obvious.
I disagree. There is literally no difference between the Sunlight and the Banff. There are different color schemes, but that is it. If you look at the Sunlight and look at the Banff, they are exactly the same van- Zero differences. And they are both built in two hours. The Axion has a different floor plan, and seems to have better quality/fit and finish. But because the Hymer vans got such bad ratings and reviews when the Sunlight first came out, none of their models are selling well. There are hundreds of 2017’s still sitting on lots. Camping World (who is the only retailer to sell Sunlights), does not advertise on RVtrader.com, but most of the Camping Worlds still have 2017’s that that they cannot get rid of. Now, just like you can get an Axion for less than $60,000, Camping World will make you an even better deal on the Sunlight. I know someone who just bought a 2017 Sunlight for less than $50,000. He got a bunch of things fixed by camping world before he took delivery, and then did some repairs on his own on the items that were just plain cheap/flimsy. He said it was worth it even though he admits that his own van was crap, LOL. But he said that he couldn’t pass it up for the price and was willing to sacrifice quality to save that much money, and the fact that he knew he was going to make repairs himself.
And Hymer told me that the 3 models of the Hymer travel trailers have been axed for North America. They were supposed to come out in the late fall of 2016 or spring of 2017, but they can’t get them approved for sale for a few reasons, so they are not going to be sold here after all. And that is a shame because they are beautiful, light and can be towed by almost any vehicle, and very awesome looking and unique. I figured that they’re only consumer sales problem would be the freshwater tank being only 4.6 gallons on all 3 models (!!). Either way, they are not going to be sold in North America, which is too bad. Those are awesome trailers.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
... Hymer told me that the 3 models of the Hymer travel trailers have been axed for North America. They were supposed to come out in the late fall of 2016 or spring of 2017, but they can’t get them approved for sale for a few reasons, so they are not going to be sold here after all. And that is a shame because they are beautiful, light and can be towed by almost any vehicle, and very awesome looking and unique. Either way, they are not going to be sold in North America, which is too bad. Those are awesome trailers.
That's very interesting news, and brings up the question of what Erwin Hymer Group NA will do with their new quarter million square foot production facility in Cambridge, Ont. that was slated for trailer and new motorhome models. Jim Hammill had told the RV trade press that facility would produce 3000 units per year.

This would be a good new post topic for the Industry News subforum...
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 AM   #25
Bronze Member

Just purchased a new 2018 Banff closeout and looking forward to new roads!

Question has anyone installed or know where to find a roof rack and ladder system to allow for kayak carry on roof with Solar Panels.... I know Fiamma (sp?) did the originals on WBG Travato, but can't kind any solid leads yet?

Thanks for help!
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:11 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboegh View Post

Question has anyone installed or know where to find a roof rack and ladder system to allow for kayak carry on roof with Solar Panels.... I know Fiamma (sp?) did the originals on WBG Travato, but can't kind any solid leads yet?

Thanks for help!
Welcome to the forum rboegh!

I searched this forum for "kayak" and came up with this.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/se...earchid=827577

Enjoy your Banff!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Default Update??

Joe,

Now that you have had for 4-5 months what do you think? I am close to pulling the pin on one too and would like your opinion?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #28
Bronze Member

Default Banff reply

Quote:
Joe,

Now that you have had for 4-5 months what do you think? I am close to pulling the pin on one too and would like your opinion?

Thanks
Overall we like it a lot it has more room then some I seen the biggest down side we found was the lack of counter space, I added a drop down extension on the stove side and cutting board to go over the stove which helped a lot. I am planning on removing the propane stove and replacing it with a induction burner in the spring as it laid up for the winter.
Would I buy another one Yes

Joe
mira1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Before you swap stoves, make sure your electrical system can handle it. Induction requires PSW and hefty battery/charging.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:21 AM   #30

Quote:

Thanks for help!
Hi, i'm new to the forum and just purchasing a 2018 Banff. I have the same question about racks and wonder what you found. Any uprates? Thanks!
Mikedem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 PM   #31
Bronze Member

Default Promaster Roof Rack/Ladder

I did find a system from Fiamma that they make specifically for Promaster Vans and is same system Winnebago used on Travato's until 2018.

You can get ladder, roof rail system for around $1300 and add a bike rack, for around $720 plus freight. You can find at Fiamma, or Panther RV Products (actually cheaper). It works specifically on Promaster's and works with awning brackets.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #32
Bronze Member

I did find system from Fiamma for Promaster's

Roof and Ladder run around $1300 plus freight and can find at Panther RV Products
There is even a bike rack option for around $720.

Same system that was on Winnebago Travato's until 2018.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:21 PM   #33

We how are owners of the 2018 banff rv. We would like to put up a wall mount tv holder. Does any one have one in the same kind of rv? We are trying to find the spot in the under metal support to screw the weight of the mount and tv into!!! If you can help please include pictures from your rv which would be so helpful.
Ken minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken minton View Post
We how are owners of the 2018 banff rv. We would like to put up a wall mount tv holder. Does any one have one in the same kind of rv? We are trying to find the spot in the under metal support to screw the weight of the mount and tv into!!! If you can help please include pictures from your rv which would be so helpful.

You could try one of the stud finders that also can show electrical wiring and metal (used to find conduit) or nail plates. The big question is if the rest of the body skin is close enough to mess up the metal finding or not,
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #35
Platinum Member

I have a self-build on that chassis and interim photos. Where do you want to put the TV?

Old 03-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #36
Bronze Member

Default Banff TV location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken minton View Post
The factory installed TV is wall mount just inside the sliding door.... tried to attach pic, but dont know how on forum.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banff inside.jpg (31.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #37
Silver Member

I also have a 2018 Carado Banff. I would not have paid for a TV, but it was included with mine. Here's a photo of where the TV is mounted from another angle.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...h_BfDhftPLiO3m
stevegoldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #38
Platinum Member

It’s not straight-on, but this photo includes that pillar. It has van wiring in it, and the upfitter probably added more, so be careful.