Originally Posted by ManWonder
Today, after driving for a few hours and while going to the road at 65MPH my carbon monoxide alarm went off. It is a new one i put in a few months ago. The model is First Alert and it's one of those combo units with both smoke and carbon monoxide alerts. Anyways, when it went off I opened my windows and it shut off. But after a while it did it again. It is located above and behind my head and I wonder if it should be better placed. The other one that came with my 2004 Roadtrek is in the back area. Anyone ever have this happen to them?
Our CO monitor went off incessantly when we drive with our windows open (2018 Roadtrek Agile SS).
We had it replaced while Roadtrek still honored their warranty; the replacement still beeps when driving with the windows open but not as bad as the original CO monitor.
With both, if the windows are closed, neither had CO alarms.
With the Agile, the monitor is along the floor in the back. My guess is that the dust flow across the monitor inlet from driving with the windows upon trips the sensor.
Incidentally, that same monitor is directly across from the propane heater outlet. The original would beep when the heater kicked on (which was incredibly worrisome). The replacement monitor does not have the problem when the heater kicks on.