Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
40,000 pounds for 2 Class B’s?

Ooops, I had been thinking of total and then added trailer.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #22
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Ooops, I had been thinking of total and then added trailer.
That and those etrek Lead acid batteries. booster, if you're curious, it is 1300 miles from the dealer to Kitchener, Ontario.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
That and those etrek Lead acid batteries. booster, if you're curious, it is 1300 miles from the dealer to Kitchener, Ontario.

Bud
That is a bit further than to here, I think, but haven't checked. I think ours had about 1100miles on it and it included some little trips the dealer did to parking lots shows, we were told.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #24
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That is a bit further than to here, I think, but haven't checked. I think ours had about 1100miles on it and it included some little trips the dealer did to parking lots shows, we were told.
booster, now wondering although I don't know why. Why did you purchase a B with a third seat? Don't recall you mentioning it.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:26 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
booster, now wondering although I don't know why. Why did you purchase a B with a third seat? Don't recall you mentioning it.

Bud

Yep, ours was a normal C190P with the third seat. It was gone in about a year and replaced with an armoire, with bolster underneath modified to have a swing open door to the outboard side of the van. We gained a lot of storage space with the changes.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:04 AM   #26

Update from OP: the dealer texted a carrier would cost ~$1250. I presume this doesn't consider include the ~$500 freight on my order. Two days later, I said I'd pay the $750 difference but but... too late.... it had been delivered via driver Memorial Day (nothing was towed). Thanks to all who replied.
fx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:04 AM   #27
Platinum Member

They are definitely usually driven. I actually met a woman who does this for a living. Some of these delivery people even tow their own vehicles behind the vans, so they can get back home and that is an obvious no no. This is one of the main problems I have with the OEM class B industry. I would never buy a van that had towed a vehicle prior to break-in.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #28
Platinum Member

We bought a new van and brought it to Sportsmobile in Indiana for conversion. I drove it there and flew home and repeated the process when the van was done so I knew that I was the only one driving my brand new van. It was worth the one way plane ticket and my driving time to make sure the van was carefully driven and broken in properly. I suspect a dealership would go along with this arrangement with the proper insurance in place. Maybe it is just me but I would consider a van with 1000-2000 miles on it a used van.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote