Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 12:29 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default city water inlet is leaking

Just got a '15 adventurous and trying to figure out the plumbing. Whenever I attach a water hose to the city water inlet (has regulator labeling on the inlet) and turn on the water, it will allow me to turn on the sink and shower, etc. However, the inlet will leak water out what looks like two weep holes on the inlet port itself, a significant amount. Anyone know what I can do?
bumpersignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Replace the city water inlet. They break and malfunction easily. They are not expensive and can be purchased on Amazon. Hopefully you can access it from the inside by opening a cabinet or removing a drawer, however you may also be able to replace it from outside without accessing it from behind.

First scrape off the silicone sealant around it with a flat razor (carefully! don't damage the paint). Next remove the screws and gently pull it out from the van wall. The PEX plumbing line should have enough flex to allow you to pull it out and work on the connection from outside the van. If not then you will need to replace the connection from the inside which may be awkward depending on the interior access.

Just make sure you test it well under pressure after you put the new one on to make sure there are no leaks.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Gold Member

Thanks I’ll try that
Old 11-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #4
Platinum Member

No need for city water...fill the tank...JMO...numerous issues posted on many forums
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
No need for city water...fill the tank...JMO...numerous issues posted on many forums
couldn't, it would just get spit out the city inlet whenever i turned on the water pump. the right fix was as @jakeww2 suggested, to replace the $30 regulator.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I capped mine off and called it a day...that was about 1 1/2 years ago
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote