Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default City water question on 2007 RT 210V

I have really never used the city water feature on my 2007 RT 210V. I hooked a hose up to it at home and used it to fill the front and rear fresh water tanks. That worked as expected.

Then I switched it to "city water" in the coach by moving the inlet valve to the upright position.. The fresh water tanks stopped filling, as expected, but I do not have water pressure inside at the faucets. It was my belief that when hooked up to city water that it would NOT be necessary to run the 12v pump to get water and that the pressure from the "city water" would suffice. However, I do not get any water out of any of the taps unless I turn on the 12v pump.

Is there a valve or something I am missing ? The water schematic in the manual is less then helpful. It does not show the tank fill / city water feature plumbing at all. Any wisdom will be appreciated. Thank you.
jbucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
Platinum Member

My van ( pleasure way) doesn't use a valve to select between- possible you closed a winterizing valve?

Move that valve back to the other position and see if it works

I use the "city water" to prime my 12 volt pump from the tank after the system has been purged of water

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Silver Member

Thank you for your reply. My Roadtrek doesn't really have a valve that we use for winterizing. I just take apart the inlet side of the 12v pump and insert a tube into the antifreeze and pump it throughout the RV until it comes out of all the taps, then hook it back up. There are various other valves for by passing the hot water tank, and switching between the two fresh water tanks but everything is open and functioning properly with the 12v pump. I will put the RV under pressure again from city water and double check the valves or just try moving them around to see what happens, but I am fairly familiar with the valve and everything is open.

Has anyone else ever had this experience with a RT ?
jbucking is offline   Reply With Quote