Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2020, 06:06 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Pleasure Way MPL with 3 beds

My 1994 19-foot Pleasure Way MPL, built on a Dodge B350 chassis, had three separate beds; one "full" size in the back and two more made by turning the driver and front passenger seats around to combine with the next two seats that fold down flat.

I was told by a 33 y/o adult that the front seat/bed was quite comfortable sleeping; after she spent the week using it during a music festival. In total, we had five adults traveling about 575 miles to our destination, with all their luggage and supplies for a week, so yes, it was a bit tight. Two suitcases sat in the aisle, and I stuffed what I had into the toilet cabinet to free up space for the rest. Somehow we made it all fit. Then once we got there, three went their own way, and two of us slept in the van. Nobody tried the driver side bed.

Before I sold it, I removed the seat behind the driver and installed a storage cabinet, so now it has "only" two beds, but more storage.

So even when you can fit all your adults, Class-Bs are usually lacking in storage. But they can go places you can't take a bigger rig!

I have .jpgs of the sales brochure that has floor layouts of all their 1990s models if anyone is interested.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:07 PM   #22
Bronze Member

The Thor Tellaro has a loft option as well that would allow 3 adults to sleep comfortably.

We own a Hymer Aktiv Loft and it works great for our family of 3. I have slept up in the loft with my Son and it was perfectly comfortable. Yes, you would be more comfortable in a class C, but we love having a class B that sleeps 4 comfortably. Yes space is tight, but to be able to go just about anywhere a car can is awesome.

We used to own a Roadtrek Popular 170 and the 3rd bed which was made up using the front and rear passenger seat was extremely narrow and uncomfortable.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Sportsmobile pop-top vans can actually sleep 4 adults, 2 down and 2 up. That probably wouldn't work for a full time living situation, but would be fine for short camping trips.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #24

The 2020 National Traveler Explorer can sleep 4.
shawcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 03:18 AM   #25

I can guarantee that you will not be comfortable with 3 adults in a van unless you put bunks in there and nothing else. I don't see how that would be comfortable unless you want a stripped down van. I camped with one person and we were in each other's way.
urbanvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #26
Platinum Member

The CBS comedy TV show "Man with a Plan" spoofed an RV trip with two brothers and their wives last week. Bigger RV than a Class B but same idea of traveling with more than two people especially in the bed scenes.

Which reinforced what I said previously. With more than 2 people you essentially have a steel tent not an RV. I can further state that a Class B is not a living space though it has the full complements of kitchen, bath, storage and probably a separate but not a separate room living space. It is more kin to a master bedroom.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:45 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Take my word for it you can pretty much count on 2 people for a Class B.

If you're thinking three passengers look into a B+ like I have, it's Leisure Wonder model, they are light years ahead in comfort and convenience than a Class B van. It has a large "permanent bedroom, full size shower and separate large bath room with a large galley and it drives just like a van! Best feature it sits on a Transit van which is twice as stable as a Sprinter since it offers a low slung design with a wider track and longer wheelbase.

Good luck in your venture!

https://leisurevans.com/wonder/

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w1.jpg (471.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg w2.jpg (230.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg w3.JPG (229.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg w4.JPG (244.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg w5.jpg (831.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg w6.jpg (667.5 KB, 2 views)
IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:15 AM   #28
Bronze Member

That’s an awesome looking Class B+. I think it may be pushing more to a class C, but I don’t know where you would draw that line, so I think class B is perfect. The Transit with the Eco-boost is a great engine. The interior is amazing.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies and messages What's so great about the Wonder is the fact it sits on a Ford Transit chassis - it does not feel as if there is an RV body mounted on the chassis. I recommend anyone looking for a Class B or B+ to drive both chassis. As soon as you get on an expressway or negotiate a curve the handling and anti-sway differences will be instantly apparent.

Here's an In-Depth article I authored comparing the Sprinter to a Transit chassis and the advantages for an RV. Just click the link below:

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post102379

Enjoy Mike
IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote