Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #21
Gold Member

I appreciate the Travato recommendation and we would consider Winnebago but we don't really like the Revel (which is their only option < 20 feet). We definitely cannot go over 20 ft, our driveway is 21 with spare tire the 19'7" it would be just over 20, and we do not want to store it off site. We can park it on the street but not something we want to do. Helpful to hear all opinions on the topic. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
I think group 24 batteries have closer to about 70 AH (35 useful AH @ 50% SOC).
Typo... should be Group 27...

TinyTink

By next winter all of the current issues at EHGNA should be gone. The Carado is a Hymer product, not Roadtrek. So, it may have a new name by next year.

Glamper

I too am restricted to under 20 feet by the size of my driveway. 21 would put my bumper in the street.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #23

I have a 2016 Zion srt and I love it. I have 20,000 miles on it have had no problems except a new battery on the pro master that was under warranty. I have solar (love it don’t get a stinky generator ) and the volt start that only came on once 9degrees skiing heater on all night, lights, steaming movies at 4 am. I averaged 15.5 mpg, it has plenty of power, and cheap to maintain. I looked at MB but $450 service calls and .39 .50 diesel prices it would take 125000 miles to pay for difference in mpg. Easy to park, real easy to drive and so far road trek has been amazing.
Cokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #24
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokkie View Post
I have a 2016 Zion srt and I love it. I have 20,000 miles on it have had no problems except a new battery on the pro master that was under warranty. I have solar (love it don’t get a stinky generator ) and the volt start that only came on once 9degrees skiing heater on all night, lights, steaming movies at 4 am. I averaged 15.5 mpg, it has plenty of power, and cheap to maintain. I looked at MB but $450 service calls and .39 .50 diesel prices it would take 125000 miles to pay for difference in mpg. Easy to park, real easy to drive and so far road trek has been amazing.
Did you buy new? May I ask what percentage they took off MSRP? We are trying to figure out how much we could expect if we bought new. The Zion sounds perfect for us, don't think Sprinter is for us. And the noisy generation on the one we looked at, definitely off-putting. we also want the shorter RV because we need something easy to drive and easy to park Thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCF View Post
IMHO: Recommend that you at least look at a Winnebago Travato. The Travato is 21 feet long I doubt very much that would be able to tell the difference between 20 feet long and 21 feet long. Due to their popularity and large number of competing dealers for sales, Travato's are widely available, both new and used, at very attractive prices and have Winnebago standing behind them. If you plan to boondock/dry camp/OCCC can be very important. The Hymers and Roadtreks on the ProMaster chassis have very limited OCCC. The Travato’s (both 59K & 59G & without the Volta system), have approx. 1,850 OCCC. If your preference is to go with the best in its class Li-ion Volta system on the Travato, deduct approx. 250 lb. from the OCCC. Roadtrek, Hymer and Pleasureway don't have any Li-ion systems that even approach the Volta in terms of performance. If you are willing to spend $$$, for less the price of a PW Ascent, which I agree is very nice/very hiqh quality, you could have a Travato with Volta. As always, YMMV.
Well said. I love my GL. I got it out-the-door for $102k. A few units had some hiccups, including mine, but they are all sorted now. Any problems that seem to pop up are ones of user errors/understanding of the system.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #26

Default Online buying

I purchased a 210p, used and delivered on line from Scott at Best pre owned RV of South Carolina. I had a 93 19poplar to trade. We exchanged images and agreed on a price. Unit delivered for a reasonable price. Issue with fridge, but he replaced it in a timely manner. I would recommend contacting him in your search.
Michaelk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelk47 View Post
I purchased a 210p, used and delivered on line from Scott at Best pre owned RV of South Carolina. I had a 93 19poplar to trade. We exchanged images and agreed on a price. Unit delivered for a reasonable price. Issue with fridge, but he replaced it in a timely manner. I would recommend contacting him in your search.

Welcome to the forum Michaelk47!

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #28
Platinum Member

If you put on a hitch-mounted storage rack you add a couple of feet. You have a lot more options if you just get a 22' van to start with.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #29
Gold Member

We have not ruled out Hymer/RT but need to be patient to see how things pan out, one of the dealers said they are lowering price on RT and paying for additonal warranty. So clearly trying to unload inventory. Dealers own the inventory right? So they are stuck with it, one way or another.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Dealers own the inventory right? So they are stuck with it, one way or another.
Don't know about stuck, but almost certainly the bank owns the inventory, in the sense that they made the loans to the dealer.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #31
Gold Member

but bottom line is dealer needs to unload the inventory. Some with a lot of RT inventory seem a bit anxious. Understandably.

Tags
class b less than 20 feet