Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Default Class B on Ford Transit non-cutaway

Looks like the Ford Transit is the newest base vehicle for Class B. There are lots of Transit cutaways used for B+ and C motorhomes, but not so many non-cutaway Transits used for Class B.

I know a custom upfitter like Sportsmobile can put together a nice unit based on a stock Transit with the gas ecoboost engine, but is the Winnebago Paseo the only RV sold complete?
ANRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

From what I can find, WGO's Paseo is the only "production" Class B based on a Transit in North America.

In Europe, some companies built Class Bs on the older model Transit. Murvi (UK) notes on their website the Morello is available in the "new" LWB Transit, but no photos. There may be some other European companies using the "new" Transit.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Coachmen has just added their Crossfit on the website.
Crossfit Class B Motorhomes by Coachmen RV
Old 12-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Coachmen has just added their Crossfit on the website.
Crossfit Class B Motorhomes by Coachmen RV
Good call!! Forgot that was just introduced at RVIA show. FitRV did a video tour/preview

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/...ur-first-look/
Old 12-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #5

Wow! Crossfit looks *really* nice (except for the crosswise bed, not so good for taller people). I wonder what the price is or will be? I haven't seen any figures, only marketing-speak about aggressive pricing.
ANRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
Platinum Member

There has been discussion on some other forums,etc. as people find out out more. No pricing yet. Flooded batteries , not AGMs (and maybe in a location difficult to access). No ship date as of yet.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Some other info I've heard from folks that have seen the Crossfit in person say better wait awhile. That rear bed/table setup is a mess in it's present form, but it looks like they will stay with that for awhile as it's what is in their brochure.
The wet cell batteries are a bad decision too. How the heck do you check them??
Also 3.7 vs 3.5 EcoBoost in the Paseo
The cabinetry is nice though. Otherwise a Paseo clone.

Next Wednesday the 21st, at 2pm Central, Lichtsinn RV is having a live online webcast on the first Paseo they got in, so if interested, check it out. It's interactive so you can join the discussion

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Coachmen has decided to copy the floorplans of their competitors. If you look at their Galleria line, it's basically the Roadtrek Adventurous floorplans.

The do add some nice touches though. That and they are keeping it simple, low tech, with prices to match.

It will be interesting to see how the Crossfit competes - it's a solid offering, but I'm waiting to see version 2 - the small engine was a big mistake, as well as only one sleeping arrangement. If they include the ecoboost and offer either bump-outs or a twin layout, it could be a winner.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Coachmen has decided to copy the floorplans of their competitors. If you look at their Galleria line, it's basically the Roadtrek Adventurous floorplans.
Unfortunately, everyone has the same floorplan. I did a quick online tally of North American "Production" Class Bs - RT, Hymer, WGO, SVO, Coachmen, Coach House, Airstream, Pleasure Way, Chinook, Safari Condo, Regency and Arriva. Just their Class B offerings with a permanent bath (Safari has a number of models with collapsible baths, etc. ). Left out ARV and Sportsmobile and couple of other custom order companies.

49 different Class B floor plans and 43 are what I would call "Rear Lounge with Convertible Bed, mid Bath & Galley". Yes, there are some differences among them if you dig - different appliances, batteries, tech, storage - but all basically the same layout. Coachmen has 10 versions of the Galleria, differences being number of passenger seats, a cabinet here and there.

If the OP would like to see a different floorplan on a Transit, look at this Murvi Morello in the UK. You won't find this "Front Lounge with Convertible bed, rear Bath & Galley" layout in N.A.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
If the OP would like to see a different floorplan on a Transit, look at this Murvi Morello in the UK. You won't find this "Front Lounge with Convertible bed, rear Bath & Galley" layout in N.A.
The Murvi Morello is the best Class B floor plan I have ever seen. I wish they would use that design here.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe View Post
The Murvi Morello is the best Class B floor plan I have ever seen. I wish they would use that design here.
I don;t think that would work with our typical use of our B- we like the bed in the back made up.
( I think this is why we passed on the couple of GREAT chinooks we saw)

But I was also surprised that other users have different wants for space and bed size than we do.
so choices are good.

it seems that alot of the weight is now shifted to the rear, rather than central between the axles...

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
Platinum Member

That wouldn't work for us either. We like the rear bed(s) that are made up all the time. Don't like fooling with them every day...

Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Still, I am dumbfounded by the variety of layouts offered in Europe.

While NA favors very heavily the Rear Lounge with Convertible Bed/mid Bath & Galley and Europe does lean to the Fixed Rear Bed/mid Bath and Galley/front lounge-dinette, at least there are many other options from a number of manufacturers.

I am bit tired of new Class Bs coming out here and promising "new exciting layout" or similar and it is the same layout everyone else has. The Paseo was the latest to do that, as was the Crossfit.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Marketers rule