Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Class B prices too high

Checking out RV trader today and noticed a 2014 Midwest 170 going for $175K, maybe a little too much for me! Then I scrolled down and found an '09 ERA 170xl going for $578K, still a little high for me. Looks like I need another job if I want to upgrade in the near future.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Class B prices too high

Must be typos. Never heard of a Midwest but brand new ERA's list at around $120,000 U.S.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I want to put the replacement of my van off for at least a few years. The high prices are one reason but another is all the things that I'd probably have to re-do on the next van. I have: fairly new Michelins, Bilstein shocks, rear sway bar, solar panels, Pure Sine Wave inverter on an automatic transfer switch, AGM batteries, WiFi router and a comfortable bed. I don't want to start all over again
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I believe a lot of us feel the same, Markopolo. As Sprinters grew in length to 22ft 9ins and then to 24ft the weights went up to 11,000 plus and dualies of course. Prices grew as well. Now, I see competition coming with the Travato and Ford Transit 4conversions--when they both get useable conversions without 4 seats up front, uncomfortable seats at the back and a bathroom that wouldnt accomodate my 4 legged pooch,Hoilly. You seem to have a good package with your GMC and if it works why not keep it until prices come down to earth--and that is coming soon!! IMHO
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:27 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
Must be typos. Never heard of a Midwest but brand new ERA's list at around $120,000 U.S.
They had the Midwest brand at the Minneapolis RV show. It looked more like a party bus than an RV. The one they had was just under $150K.

http://www.lakeregionrvs.com/pre_own...h=3646184&nv=y
booster is online now   Reply With Quote