Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default Class B with Second Row Seating?

Hello! We are looking for a Class B with a second row of captains chairs. So far we have seen (online only) the new Jayco Swift and the Coachmen Galleria. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any experience with any of these?
Thank you!
__________________

Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,688
Default

Airstream Sprinter Interstate 24 GL is a four seater with a second row of captain chairs.
__________________

__________________
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 custom Sprinter
2015 Advanced RV Extended body Sprinter
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
Silver Member
 
Luv2Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 59
Default

There is another thread regarding this here. It's from 2019 but still useful if you're looking for both used and new.
__________________
Stewart, Brenda and kids
2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile, 400W Solar, 320AH LiFePO4. Suspension mods: Front: Moog 81004 coil springs. Rear: SuperSteer Track Bar, AirLift airbags with integrated bump stop, 2" lift blocks, removed overload leafs. All around: Bilsteins, 265-75R16 K02's
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Hello! We are looking for a Class B with a second row of captains chairs. So far we have seen (online only) the new Jayco Swift and the Coachmen Galleria. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any experience with any of these?
Thank you!
I own a 95 Chevy Roadtrek 210 with second row. They are not captains chairs but convert to twin beds. King in back. I will be selling soon
larryadamsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: PHX, AZ
Posts: 2,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryadamsco View Post
I own a 95 Chevy Roadtrek

Yes a number of the chevy roadtrek popular and versatile models had 3rd and even 4th fixed seats



to make up, the cabinetry may overhand the rear bed


mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:40 AM   #6
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GA
Posts: 84
Default

Midwest Automotive Designs has Sprinter Daycruiser and Passage models with 2 or 3 captains chairs behind the cab.https://midwestautomotivedesigns.com/rv-vans/
__________________
2018 Hymer Aktiv 2.0 Ecotrek
LostInWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Hello! We are looking for a Class B with a second row of captains chairs. So far we have seen (online only) the new Jayco Swift and the Coachmen Galleria. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any experience with any of these?
Thank you!
Are you asking about current new vans for sale or historically used vans? The two you cited apparently are new. If historical used, the old Roadtrek company probably had the most and being the former leader in Class B numbers the most available if looking there. I donít recall the other two major companies at the time, Pleasure-way and Leisure Travel Vans having two rear captain chairs going back 15-20 years.
__________________
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 custom Sprinter
2015 Advanced RV Extended body Sprinter
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #8
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Airstream Sprinter Interstate 24 GL is a four seater with a second row of captain chairs.
Thank you! Thatís a real possibility. It has a smaller fridge than I would like but not a deal breaker.
I also googled Advanced RV. Wow. Those are beautiful. We may go that route if I canít find exactly what I want.
Thank you for your answer
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #9
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Go View Post
There is another thread regarding this here. It's from 2019 but still useful if you're looking for both used and new.
Thank you. That gave me some good ideas!
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #10
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryadamsco View Post
I own a 95 Chevy Roadtrek 210 with second row. They are not captains chairs but convert to twin beds. King in back. I will be selling soon
Thank you for your reply. We are looking at new or slightly used. But your model is in demand and you should have no trouble selling if you decide too. Good luck!
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #11
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInWoods View Post
Midwest Automotive Designs has Sprinter Daycruiser and Passage models with 2 or 3 captains chairs behind the cab.https://midwestautomotivedesigns.com/rv-vans/
Thank you! Those are gorgeous. We are hoping for a 19í. I noticed the 19í does not have a shower, not a deal breaker but I wonder if an outside shower is an option. Iíll look further into these. Thanks!
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #12
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Are you asking about current new vans for sale or historically used vans? The two you cited apparently are new. If historical used, the old Roadtrek company probably had the most and being the former leader in Class B numbers the most available if looking there. I donít recall the other two major companies at the time, Pleasure-way and Leisure Travel Vans having two rear captain chairs going back 15-20 years.
Thank you, we are looking at new or slightly used. We had a PleasureWay Pursuit for 6 years and are looking for something with a little more seating, mostly for day trips with the grandchildren and occasional overnights. We plan to order something like Cabbunks for them.
It will be my daily driver so I need to consider that in my search
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #13
Platinum Member
 
AlexJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Thank you, we are looking at new or slightly used. We had a PleasureWay Pursuit for 6 years and are looking for something with a little more seating, mostly for day trips with the grandchildren and occasional overnights. We plan to order something like Cabbunks for them.
It will be my daily driver so I need to consider that in my search
Have you considered the Winnebago Solis or Travato 59G? Not captain chairs, but large enough for children and many adults.
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:12 PM   #14
New Member
 
BuddyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Hello! We are looking for a Class B with a second row of captains chairs. So far we have seen (online only) the new Jayco Swift and the Coachmen Galleria. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any experience with any of these?
Thank you!
Winnebago ERA 70x or 170x. I have the 2015 170x and love it. Seats are removable. Some trips I put more storage shelving there.
BuddyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #15
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: FL
Posts: 199
Default

Airstream Interstate Grand Lounge edition also has a second row of captain's chairs. I don't feel like it would comfortably sleep more than two people, but it definitely has comfortable daytime travel room for up to four.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:46 PM   #16
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
Default Entegra Ethos 20A

We just purchased the above because it was less expensive on the Promaster chassis. We intend on using it primarily for touring not camping. it will work out well for 2 couples who are staying in motels but would like their own facilities and a nice fridge. The TV's are overkill as far as we are concerned. The bed is only useful for one person.

This is the same as the Jayco Swift 20A.
__________________
Rich
rakurtz60107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:42 AM   #17
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 10,771
Default

There is a Roadtrek Adventurous RS on ebay and pix show two captain chairs in the second row with full harness seat belts.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:53 AM   #18
Platinum Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
There is a Roadtrek Adventurous RS on ebay and pix show two captain chairs in the second row with full harness seat belts.
Could be the ones that failed the crash test?
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...fail-9317.html
__________________
2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular
2008 Scamp 13
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #19
New Member
 
Merry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakurtz60107 View Post
We just purchased the above because it was less expensive on the Promaster chassis. We intend on using it primarily for touring not camping. it will work out well for 2 couples who are staying in motels but would like their own facilities and a nice fridge. The TV's are overkill as far as we are concerned. The bed is only useful for one person.

This is the same as the Jayco Swift 20A.
The Ethos is presently at the top of my list! Perfect for day trips to the beach with the grand babies, and big enough for just my husband and I to travel. Thank you
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:56 PM   #20
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18
Default 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous 2500

My 2006 Roadtrek adventurous 2500 has 4 captains chairs.
__________________

shelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×