Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default cleaning stained interior

I have a 2006 Roadtrek with some stains on the padded walls from leaks (since repaired). Anyone have any ideas on how best to clean this. My GF didn't think using a rug vac handheld tool would work very well. Thanks.
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I've had good luck with my rug vac in the van, used it on carpet and upholstery (my walls are ok)

I used less soap than I would for the carpet and I used distilled water for the rinse cycles- we have very hard water here which can make cleaned fabrics "crunchy"

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I used a spray on upholstery cleaner (Woolrich or Scotchguard, can’t recall). Spray on, gently work into fabric, wait a while, then dab with clean damp cloth. Rinse in clean water and repeat until all cleaner is gone, then dab dry with a towel.

Dab, don’t rub.

Mine had water stains around the A/C. Took a couple of treatments, but came out almost like new.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:47 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I had a ‘05 190P, had a roof leak, and it left a stain. I bought an upholstery shampoo with the soft nylon bristles in the cap. I put it on, let it soak, used paper towels to suck up moisture. Took three times, but it was completely gone.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:51 PM   #5
Bronze Member

We have a Bissell carpet cleaner that works great with the handheld attachment.
Tim R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:08 PM   #6

Try some Tough Stuff upholstery cleaner. It will probably take multiple cleanings depending on the stain. Let dry after cleaning, reassess, repeat as necessary.
BasicBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #7

Default Water stained interior

We had water stains where our Roadtrek had leaked on interior fabric. I used hydrogen peroxide and like magic it disappeared while I was looking at it. I believe I might have diluted with a little water, not sure. Spray on or use clean rag soaked with the mixture. Good luck! ... on another note... I sprayed peroxide on my hardwood (oak) floors and clean where my dog had wet through her bed and we had missed it for days, it was black! The peroxide cleaned the black!
hdpgtrekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Default For Headliner Stains

I've had very good success with FOLEX Instant Carpet Stain Remover, sprayed on, then worked lightly with a damp towel. Now if I could just find that leak, my cleaning efforts wouldn't be spoiled next rainy season.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #9
Silver Member

Just to clarify, was your issue with the wall fabric/material or the upholstery?
Diver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:35 PM   #10
Silver Member

It's the wall...
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:30 AM   #11

HI Jon ,
I have been a member for a few months . But I cannot figure out how to make my own posts. I have looked every where on the page and cannot find a “ creat new post / message . I can respond to other folks posts but cannot creat my own. Funnily enough I was able when I first joined to creat a post on coffee making in my van and recieved lots of responses but could never figure out how did i make that post. Any help would be appreaciated.
Mayanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayanna View Post
HI Jon ,
I have been a member for a few months . But I cannot figure out how to make my own posts. I have looked every where on the page and cannot find a “ creat new post / message . I can respond to other folks posts but cannot creat my own. Funnily enough I was able when I first joined to creat a post on coffee making in my van and recieved lots of responses but could never figure out how did i make that post. Any help would be appreaciated.
Click the “forums” tab, then click the category that best fits your question or topic. Look for a button above the list of old threads that says “new thread.” Click it, give your topic a good descriptive title, and add your text. Click “submit” when done. Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote