Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #1

Default Converting captain chairs to swivel

I'm new to all of this and not sure if this is how it works...
I just purchased a 1996 Intervec Horizon class B Van-I'm looking to see how I can convert the passenger captain's chair to a swivel. Anyone have any ideas for me? Not real sure where to start??
Thanks for any help@@
michellevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Gold Member

Default Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellevee View Post
I'm new to all of this and not sure if this is how it works...
I just purchased a 1996 Intervec Horizon class B Van-I'm looking to see how I can convert the passenger captain's chair to a swivel. Anyone have any ideas for me? Not real sure where to start??
Thanks for any help@@
Hello, I have been researching seats, and trying to get a more comfortable set of seats for my 2020 Travato. I did find that there are wires connected to the seats and settings for safe driving. The seats swivel, and passenger side locks the drive shift when turned around. I would check your bolt patterns and any wiring. The seats have a manual pull shift to swivel as well as move back and forth so adding should be no problem if safely done. I ended up putting on covers to make them softer, as I don't want to void my warranty on the vehicle for now. I do not like the constant warning sound from the seats, but have a plan to fix that. LOL Good luck and maybe you can find some seats from one of the forum members. Happy Holidays
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:43 AM   #3

What vehicle is this on, ie Dodge, Ford etc, as that may/likely impact your possible choices/options. Let us know how you make out, as I may want to do the same on a 2000 Dodge maxi van based Class B. (I haven't looked around yet, so don't know the answer even for my own unit.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:15 AM   #4

Mine is a Dodge Ram Van 1996 and as far as I can tell, the seat is only sitting on a pipe type pedastol. I'm thinking that I just need a new base to put under the seat that can swival? Actually, that is my hope... I just don't know where to find something like that...
michellevee is offline   Reply With Quote