Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 03:57 AM   #1

Default Cool Cat Heat Pump Problem

Greetings

I have a 2011 Roadtrek 210P and have not had heat pump problems until now. Ran the A/C part of the heat pump for a few hours in 90 degrees today and it just quit. The breaker for the power plug used to power it was tripped. The 10 amp fuzes were still good.

I reset the tripped breaker but when I try and turn the unit on for any mode nothing happens except I hear a one-time click somewhere from within the unit itself.

Any expertise out there in formulated on this? Are there internal fuzes or ? in the unit itself that need to be reset. Appreciate any clues. Can these units overheat causing internal damage?
Seniorflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:23 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't have access to my installation manual but I think there is an internal 12 volt fuse. You should have the installation manual in your paper work. See if you can find that fuse in the schematic.

I have recently replaced a 2003 Cool Cat with analog thermostat with a 2016 with digital thermostat. If you need to get access to the Cool Cat you can contact me at hbn7hj at AOL dot com. I have been there and it is a chore.
Harry 2003 C190P
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I found the installation manual on line and it does not show a fuse. The problem could be in the thermostat and there is a testing procedure for that. You take the various control lines going into the thermostat and short them to ground and see if the unit turns on. The line labels are visible when the thermostat cover is removed.

You might search for Dometic analog thermostat test procedure.
Harry
Old 06-24-2016, 05:08 AM   #4
Platinum Member

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/dt_ac...rvice_2012.pdf
Old 06-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

Thanks very much for all the help and info. Will investigate when I get home. Saw that service manual on-line this morning in my google search. Not sure I am up to the task of opening up access on back roof top. We will see. In meantime the van’s a/c wrks just fine thankfully.
Seniorflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool cat heat pump, roadtrek 210 popular