Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Cool items for B

So we're downsizing from a B+ to an Era 70X hoping to pick up in a couple weeks. Question, what must haves or cool items have you purchased for your class B? Our fridge is going to be much smaller so I know I'm going to be purchasing more canned goods. I was thinking possibly a sling for vegs fruits (keeping them out of fridge), possibly some good collapsible type items, etc. Maybe some chairs that can be made as small as possible, etc. Anything you guys recommend as must haves would appreciate. I'm really going to try to keep things to a minimum or as small as possible. We usually only go out for a few days at a time but do do a couple week long, our first trip is going to be to Fort Wilderness in Orlando. Simple things like looking for smaller towels even, which are hard to find by the way. Appreciate even simple quick meal ideas. Thanks all!
cjscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Cool items for B

For chairs I highly recommend the Pico chair (search on Amazon). They are strong chairs, but fold up to about the size of a laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscott
So we're downsizing from a B+ to an Era 70X hoping to pick up in a couple weeks. Question, what must haves or cool items have you purchased for your class B? Our fridge is going to be much smaller so I know I'm going to be purchasing more canned goods. I was thinking possibly a sling for vegs fruits (keeping them out of fridge), possibly some good collapsible type items, etc. Maybe some chairs that can be made as small as possible, etc. Anything you guys recommend as must haves would appreciate. I'm really going to try to keep things to a minimum or as small as possible. We usually only go out for a few days at a time but do do a couple week long, our first trip is going to be to Fort Wilderness in Orlando. Simple things like looking for smaller towels even, which are hard to find by the way. Appreciate even simple quick meal ideas. Thanks all!

go to the Hoop De Do review at fort wilderness. great
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Microfiber towels and washcloths for quick drying. Disposable plates and cups for less dishwashing issues. Remember you are going to have a much smaller black tank capacity, so take that into account.
We bought some 3M Command hooks, waterproof, to hold our towels in the bath/shower area while drying. More Commands to disperse throughout for coat hooks and any other hanging "stuff".
We've been out for as long as 6 weeks in ours with no space issues, so you have to downsize your carry along junk. We never carry much with us except 7 days worth of clothes, some toiletries, 1 pot, 1 pan, plastic silverware, small 2 cup coffeemaker, disposable cups, small Weber grille, 1 extra propane bottle, a couple coats, 1 pair extra shoes, a small laptop and small Chromebook and chargers, extra blanket, and that's about it. Don't need anything else....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
Platinum Member

How big was your B+? The ERA 70X isn't that small. Only must have is some folding chairs and table for getting outside. You don't want to spend all your time in the van.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter 3500 Long & Tall