Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #1

Lightbulb Countertop repair/replace

The countertop in our 2001 Leisure Travel Freedom 2A has several bubbled and scratched areas on it. The original material is like a mac-tac film. As the edges are rounded and curved replacing that seems near impossible, whether in place or removed first. I would consider removing the whole countertop completely and replacing it with another material, but I am not sure how easy it will be to remove. Part is fairly accessible by removing the sink, clamps and faucet fixtures, but the other half has the stove sunk into it. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
jschurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:46 PM   #2
Platinum Member

If it's a Suburban 2 burner stove top, like mine, there are 4 screw covers that pop/pry out, and then you simply uncrew it and lift out to acces the propane connection. Actually probably easier than the sink side.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
If it's a Suburban 2 burner stove top, like mine, there are 4 screw covers that pop/pry out, and then you simply uncrew it and lift out to acces the propane connection. Actually probably easier than the sink side.
Unless it was Screwed In by roadtrek! I needed 8 strategically located cherry bombs to remove it, plus the screws removed.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:36 PM   #4

Getting stove out shouldn't be too hard.Access to securing screws may be hard as fridge is right below the stove.
Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks.
jschurman is offline   Reply With Quote