Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default CrossFit Li3 ?

Apparently, Coachmen are about to announce an Li3 equipped CrossFit.
Anyone heard any more about it?
Britmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:31 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Haven't heard any specifics, just saw the teaser photo posted on Facebook. I would assume it's the same Li3 package that Coachmen offers on the Galleria, which is the 600AH Lithionics.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:11 AM   #3
Platinum Member

The Lithionics plug and play looks pretty ideal for a self build camper by a non electrical minded kind of person...me. Looking forward to reading anyone's experience with a Lithionics system.
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:37 AM   #4

Sunshine State RV has one up for sale on their website, looks like list price is $154K. I cant tell if they spec'd it with the Ecoboost engine, looks like a nice rig. Still the Li3 option is really a tough choice at over $20K.
Motorbtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #5
Platinum Member

The sale price at Pomona was a little less than $110K. Includes the Ecoboost engine, Sync3, induction, solar and Supersprings, etc. It's the same Xantrex system that has been available on the Galleria. Electronics have been changed from PrecisionPlex to Firefly, which I understand requires fewer circuits.

Also, they have discontinued the Blue Jeans color and vans are now available in Magnetic (dark gray) and Ingot Silver.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
The sale price at Pomona was a little less than $110K. Includes the Ecoboost engine, Sync3, induction, solar and Supersprings, etc. It's the same Xantrex system that has been available on the Galleria. Electronics have been changed from PrecisionPlex to Firefly, which I understand requires fewer circuits.

Also, they have discontinued the Blue Jeans color and vans are now available in Magnetic (dark gray) and Ingot Silver.
Now if they can just get Ford to move the handbrake location that prevents the driver seat from swiveling.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Ford already has moving the parking brake as an option for RV manufactures. It is the RV manufactures choice whether they order that option from Ford.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:13 AM   #8
Bronze Member

I believe you can tell if the CrossFit has ecoboost...when you look at an online photo, or in the flesh, if there are control buttons on right side of steering wheel.

Have heard Ford has, or will offer, the option to recess parking brake into floor so as to allow seat to Swivel.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmobile View Post
I believe you can tell if the CrossFit has ecoboost...when you look at an online photo, or in the flesh, if there are control buttons on right side of steering wheel.

Have heard Ford has, or will offer, the option to recess parking brake into floor so as to allow seat to Swivel.
Actually, the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel indicate Sync3 and some Crossfits have Sync3 but not the EcoBoost engine. The way to tell if it has the ecoboost is that there is a badge on the rear door. Hard to tell in this photo I stole from a dealer image, but there is a silver horizontal stripe near the bottom of the driver's side rear door. It says "ecoboost." Non-ecoboost vans don't have the stripe at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8136498_5.jpg (55.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Excited about this. Going to give this a hard look before pulling the trigger on the Winnebago Travato 59KL. The Ford seems to have much more room in the drivers seat over the Pro Master after sitting in both. I would definitely go for the Eco-boost.
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:53 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTX View Post
Excited about this. Going to give this a hard look before pulling the trigger on the Winnebago Travato 59KL. The Ford seems to have much more room in the drivers seat over the Pro Master after sitting in both. I would definitely go for the Eco-boost.
If you do Facebook, you might consider joining the Crossfit and Travato groups so you can see what owners are experiencing, both good and bad. I don't know the address for the Travato group, but here's the group for the Crossfit:

Coachmen CROSSFIT RV Class "B" Owners & Prospects
Old 11-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #12
Bronze Member

Thanks Phoebe, you’re right about the Eco Boost logo on van rear.

We’re going to checkout 2019 CrossFit this Friday and ask about the Li3 option. The dealer has the L version a Travato to compare.
We like the Ford and the Li3 is pretty much perfect. With two Ford dealers close and my regular shop with adequate lifts we feel pretty good about the choice.

We want to check out the Revel on the short Sprinter on Friday too. Really like the advanced safety options but are wary of price, diesel, and dealership maintenance cost and availability. Not interested in Revel “mission” so much as the short Sprinter chassis.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmobile View Post
Thanks Phoebe, you’re right about the Eco Boost logo on van rear.

We’re going to checkout 2019 CrossFit this Friday and ask about the Li3 option. The dealer has the L version a Travato to compare.
We like the Ford and the Li3 is pretty much perfect. With two Ford dealers close and my regular shop with adequate lifts we feel pretty good about the choice.

We want to check out the Revel on the short Sprinter on Friday too. Really like the advanced safety options but are wary of price, diesel, and dealership maintenance cost and availability. Not interested in Revel “mission” so much as the short Sprinter chassis.
Since the Lithium version was just announced, if you want one, you'll have to order it. Interiors are now a choice of natural maple or painted white; exteriors dark gray or silver. You will want the aluminum wheels, probably, but skip the upgraded window covers, which are overpriced and hard to use. I think owners prefer Ford's Sync3 to the Kenwood - cost is probably about the same. Upgrading the solar to 200W costs the same as if you did it yourself so might as well have it done at the factory.

Like most new RVs, you may find an issue with something or other, but our experience with the company has been stellar.

Revel is 4WD, Crossfit is dual rear wheel and I think the Promaster is neither of those, but I'm not sure. The chassis are significantly different in handling, clearance and capabilities. Good luck with your decision!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pomona 2018 Invoice.jpg (64.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 11-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #14
Bronze Member

Don’t really want a Revel but do want drive smaller chassis and talk to dealer about MB and deisel
Old 11-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #15

Crossfit::Like many of us, I really want the Lithium option, but it is an extremely expensive option. I was quoted by Pomona $124,000 not $110,000 previously referenced. Removal of the low slung Onan genny is great, but the water tank gets moved from inside the coach to below deck. Heated pads & heat tape are required if one wants 4 season. In addition, this creates more demand on the batteries. Justification for this option comes down to the buyers intended usage. If you seldom boondocks, drive paved roads, and plug in frequently, why pay for this option. I boondock 70% of the time where the loud Onan is not a problem ( no neighbors). My problem is clearance even on the an easy dirt road (non-4 wheel drive). Four season is important since I live in the Rocky Mtns. This is a tough decision for me. Unable to wait 12 months for a lifted 4-wheel Sprinter.
Zorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:09 AM   #16
Bronze Member

We had a good look at the Revel today. Very nice but not OUR mission though it sounds like it could be YOURS.
Revel 4x4 short Sprinter

Really liked 2018 CrossFit 22c literally just into showroom
Old 11-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #17

Thanks for the suggestion. Toured the Revel Jan 2017. Great unit but vetoed by wife. Kneeling for a 3 cf frig, 48” wide short bed. Now full MSRP, wait list for lithium’s. Love the cassette toilet. ( I could write an entire thread on the advantages of cassette toilets.)
Leading contender...Coachman Transit 22CEB Li3.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #18
Bronze Member

We just had a close look at a brand new CrossFit 22c yesterday. Quality is good and lots of nice features put in thoughtfully by Coachmen.
However, we think it’s due a better floor plan. The mid cabin bathroom is a killer for Bs in our view.
We had Li3 CrossFit top of our list but we had another look at Travato KL and they’ve made many improvements to fit and finish and floorplan is MUCH better use of space. That’s our first choice right now although don’t like PM driver seat as much
We really like the Transit EB and if it had the KL floorplan it’d go back to being #1 so we made trade in if that ever becomes a reality.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:18 AM   #19
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTX View Post
My thoughts as well!
B-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:32 AM   #20

Default Travato KL vs Coachman transit

I agree the smaller KL has a great open floor plan and rear bath. But the knock on the floor plan is the great beds make poor couches.....too high ( particularly for short legged adults) and too deep for all adults. You had better have a lot of extra pillows for back support. This is a killer for us. We also like the better cargo weight for the larger transit...not to mention the better driver leg room.