Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 06:20 AM   #21
Silver Member

You created what amounts to the "perfect setup" for them not to be able to fulfil. And they will probably end up telling you, we couldn't do all these things because............
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodean View Post
How is manufacturing this "custom" Hymer an advantage or plus to them? Seems more like a pain for the assembly line? And, I'm not sure what you are getting either, in the form of substantial plusses.
Well I was basically on my way to sign the paperwork for a Pleasure-Way at the Pomona show when I stopped by to meet and say hello to Jim (since he had been helpful to me on FB about an HOA issue I was having). Over the course of 3 days we worked up a custom rig that I would want- until I could no longer say no. So yes he wanted the deal, but it is also a really great rig that we worked up and will inform the Hymer 2.0. Plus I think that he saw a pretty powerful Brand Ambassador in me. Honestly I do think Jim is ultimately a good guy with his heart in the right place but tries to be everything to everybody and tends to over-promise. He needs a team of people to deal with the details of the deals he works. That being said, I was promised a Customer Service Rep assigned to me and that has yet to happen (12/21/16, five days after delivery date has come and gone).
StaciJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I would cancel the RT and get the PleasureWay.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperml View Post
I would cancel the RT and get the PleasureWay.
Well now I have my heart set on a the 2nd row double seat/table area with swivel front seats as a good work space... so if this doesn't work out I'm more likely to go with a Travato 59G or go custom Sportmobile..
StaciJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #25
Bronze Member

Hi StaciJames. Have you had that conversation with them (would they cancel the order and refund your deposit?). In my humble opinion you are in dangerous waters as RT has B’Balled many people in the past when they have found themselves at odds with Jim ‘Trump’ Why not go for the Travato? While not the best of warranties they do have stock and generally look after their customers. The PW, as mentioned above gives you the best chance of a happy ending, but if you are stuck on a layout they don’t have then why roll the dice?

This may not make sense, but if you haven’t had Class B RV’s before, having a ‘one-off’ from a major manufacturer would be the worst case scenario one could imagine. This ‘one-off’ business model lends itself, not by coincidence, nicely to Sportsmobile, Advanced RV etc., who have fashioned their business model to that niche... but to expect RT to be able to meet your requests, concerns, emergent calls for service and advice is very scary at best.

I sure hope this turns out for you. Please don’t get your back up, but consider where this could go. Just a humble opinion from a previous RT owner.
Roxy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
LOL. I think you and JH are a perfect match for each other. I can't think of a better brand ambassador for RT - either paid or unpaid, as the case may be. Enjoy the experience!
Haven't you met Mike Wendland?

You do realize Roadtrek has coined travel in a Class B as "roadtreking" with similar mind bending as Coke and Kleenex, and not "travatoing". A smart person would start up a new Class B company and call it Galavant.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #27
Bud
Platinum Member

"A smart person would start up a new Class B company and call it,,,,,,,,,"

I was a little Startled Davydd, expecting more like:

'ADVANCED ROADTREKING'

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #28
Bronze Member

This thread makes me think back to all the discussions around the campfire when RT and Hymer were first in talks. Guess somebody is pretty good at pulling wool over the German’s eyes, hey? And along with that thought, here come the sheep...
Old 12-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #29
Platinum Member

This thread makes me think back to the Community Rules...

The only that flaming and baiting does is run users off a forum. We're adults, act like it.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #30
BBQ
Platinum Member

The new coin might be...

You've just got Hym'ed.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #31
Platinum Member

Oh yes, I am one of the many who have been excommunicated from the church of the Class B van group...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:29 AM   #32
BBQ
Platinum Member

No wonder you call your new group

'Roadtreking & Class B Enthusiasts (Uncensored)'

You might as well call it

"Friends of Mike And Ron RV Group"

LOL

Old 12-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #33
Gold Member

The obvious difference between Mike's and Ron's pages is that you can't even THINK about posting ANYTHING negative about RT on Mike's page. You'll be deleted INSTANTLY. Even though there has been plenty to criticize about how they bungled the intro of new Technology that they simply don't understand, not doing enough R&D, simply to be first to Market. As I've said before, I'm a satisfied Owner of a RT 210. At least on Ron's page, you can criticize any brand, ask others to share their experiences. Not possible on Mike's page...
I recently exchanged several emails directly with Jim H on a new build. I wanted to delete the Awning, include 4 AGMs (NO Ecotrek for me, thanks) and the Truma Combi. He agreed to everything. In the end, I didn't purchase because I simply didn't trust RT to deliver. I'm going to the Tampa Show and take a hard, long look at the Paseo and CROSSFIT. If I'm not convinced to buy either, I'll send my 210 into the Shop for a makeover. Either way, I'll be a happy Camper...
Wishing everyone many safe and happy miles
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #34
Platinum Member

I don;t care about facebook- complaints about some one else's "house rules" which have no effect on me, are just clutter....and just pointless on this forum.

This makes me appreciate this bunch even more.

Hope you get the RV you want, if not take civil action to get the contract enforced.

When you are dealing with an "egomanic", posting on the internet will only cause them to react unfavorably.
you need a third party with influence to correct this.
whether a dealer or a court

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:26 PM   #35
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmroman View Post
The obvious difference between Mike's and Ron's pages is that you can't even THINK about posting ANYTHING negative about RT on Mike's page. You'll be deleted INSTANTLY. Even though there has been plenty to criticize about how they bungled the intro of new Technology that they simply don't understand, not doing enough R&D, simply to be first to Market. As I've said before, I'm a satisfied Owner of a RT 210. At least on Ron's page, you can criticize any brand, ask others to share their experiences. Not possible on Mike's page...
I recently exchanged several emails directly with Jim H on a new build. I wanted to delete the Awning, include 4 AGMs (NO Ecotrek for me, thanks) and the Truma Combi. He agreed to everything. In the end, I didn't purchase because I simply didn't trust RT to deliver. I'm going to the Tampa Show and take a hard, long look at the Paseo and CROSSFIT. If I'm not convinced to buy either, I'll send my 210 into the Shop for a makeover. Either way, I'll be a happy Camper...
Wishing everyone many safe and happy miles

JH will agree to anything and everything to get a sale.
The web forum is full of his undelivered promises.

His engineering dept is probably banging their heads aginst the wall right now.
Because they are the ones who have to come up with a way to deliver the promises.

If you have a 210, why change to a new rig?
You can always mod.
Unless you have too much money and nowhere to spend.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #36
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
JH will agree to anything and everything to get a sale.
The web forum is full of his undelivered promises.

His engineering dept is probably banging their heads aginst the wall right now.
Because they are the ones who have to come up with a way to deliver the promises.
Absolutely!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #37
BBQ
Platinum Member

It is a dead group anyway.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:39 AM   #38
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

It is a dead group anyway.

It is most certainly NOT a dead group. It's extremely active, extremely useful (to me and, I believe, to others) and extremely cordial and civil. I applaud the moderator for what appears to me to be a very soft touch.
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:09 AM   #39
Bronze Member

Unfortunately, through this practice we lose people who have something valuable to say. Culling people from a group ends up with a very narrow sighted viewpoint. Maybe asking people to moderate their language first would benefit the group overall? As in StaciJames case, it likely is a very stressful time for him/her and we should be especially more tolerant of people during this time of year. We have enough meglamaniacs in the world already. Just sayin...
Old 12-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPotomac View Post
It is most certainly NOT a dead group. It's extremely active, extremely useful (to me and, I believe, to others) and extremely cordial and civil. I applaud the moderator for what appears to me to be a very soft touch.
LOL, soft touch, snide and cynical comments while trying to be clever doesn't seem like a soft touch to me...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hymer