Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2021, 10:20 PM   #1

Default dash cams vs. security cams

I am doing a buildout of a Nissan NV200 and would like to add cameras - I am trying to figure out if I could merge dash cams with security cams. Ideally, I would like to have front, cabin and rear driving cams in case I get into an accident or get pulled over. But I would also like to have security cams near the roof on the sides and back to see outside while I am parked. What opinions do folks have on this? Should I try to merge both into one system or should I keep them separate?
DaveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Those 360-degree "bird view" cam systems that fuse together four wide-angle cams to form a view do a fairly good job for both purposes. Not ideal for either, but a pretty good compromise. The are cheap and if you put a big SD card in them, the will record for a LONG time. They do not record inside the van, though. If you power it from your house battery, it should be practical to have them record all the time, although they also have motion sensing, usually. They are cute.

Another option would be the little Wyze cube cams. The current version is weather proof. You can put SD cards in them and they detect motion very well. Resolution is excellent. They are amazing for the price.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote