Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2022, 11:29 AM   #1

Default Daytime running lamps

I have a PW Lexor TS 2019. Has anyone had a problem with the daytime running lamps shorting out? My mechanic said the pro Master 3500 is prone to this . Also told me the whole lens has to be replaced.Just wondering if others have experienced this.
Mgoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoblue View Post
I have a PW Lexor TS 2019. Has anyone had a problem with the daytime running lamps shorting out? My mechanic said the pro Master 3500 is prone to this . Also told me the whole lens has to be replaced.Just wondering if others have experienced this.
I have a 2016 PW Lexor. You mechanic is correct. Lots of stories of headlights burning up bulbs. You can search FB Travato forum and search for solutions. People have even started fabricating ways to replace OEM bulbs with led. Someone fabricated adapters as a aftermarket fix. Personally, I just disable my day time running lights.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:04 PM   #3
Silver Member

Default Driving light sockets may be defective

My 2018 Promaster had problems with the driving lights not working. It was NOT an electrical problem as such. The socket that the driving light bulbs mount into was defective. The socket was made out of some type of molded resin that deteriorated and the bulb loses contact with the socket terminals. Other Promasters have reported similar issues.

The fix: Cut the two socket wires and solder in a new socket. The problem: You can't buy that socket by itself. To get a new socket you have to spend $160 (each) and replace the whole headlight assembly. Boo!!

I was able to reinforce the crumbled socket with epoxy. It has been good now for two years.

Promaster forum ref:
https://www.promasterforum.com/threa...9/#post-723773

PS... Don't confuse headlights burning out with the driving light issue. This is two different issues. It does seem the headight bulbs don't last very long. They are not too difficult to replace. Mostly it seems folks put in LED's trying too get brighter lights (so they can blind me at night). ---KenA
DRL-12.JPG
Ken Allan is offline   Reply With Quote