Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Digital Nomad in a VanCraft Van

Interesting way to run a million dollar company......

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/07/digi...f-his-van.html

Vancraft | Sprinter Camper Van Sales and Rentals

No bathroom though. That's odd.
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm doing a similar thing part-time on a much smaller scale. My business requires site work, so I'm more limited in how much time I can stay away. Plus I'm certainly not making "millions". But I am financially viable with what I do (and my van certainly does have a wet bath).

I will say that it requires breaking a lot of paradigms and getting very good at task-shedding, because the distractions are endless and enormous. And it also requires getting imprinted on the van itself, if that makes any sense. The thought has to get well-entrenched that the van is where work gets done on a routine, flow-structured basis. In other words, it is not sufficient to note to oneself, "I'm working in the van now instead of in the office". The headspace has to be more expansive than that. The van IS the office, period. The van is where I make paying projects happen.

Here's a pic of my workday yesterday, view to my left as I was doing client work while my dog patiently watched the world go by, waiting for me to finish.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:53 AM   #3
Gold Member

Kudos, to your work lifestyle.

I've read of lots of different folks working while RVing.

Travel Nurses who pick a spot they'd like to work for 6 months at a time
Wildlife Photographers who need to stay in a wild spot long enough to get the shots they want.
Professional Cyclists who need their equipment and living space close to the race site.

There's even a mystery crime novelist who stops everywhere in his giant Class A and makes up terrible murder tales for every spot he sees.

John Steinbeck made some observations for living a mobile lifestyle in "Travels with Charley" that are just as true today as over 50 years ago
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote