Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2021, 02:08 AM   #1

Default Do airstream gt 24's have folding mirrors

It looks like they should fold, but I can't find any info on that
thanks
linjon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You might try asking in the Air Forums Sprinter and B Van Forum. There are more Interstate owners over there than here.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #3
Site Team

Both of my Sprinters have had manual folding mirrors. I think (but am not certain) that it is standard.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I see you have posted this question on three forums. Here is same answer I posted on the Sprinter and Airstream forums.

Folding mirrors are part of the C01 Driver Convenience Package. Not sure if Airstream orders that package for Interstate 24GT.

Try contacting the dealer that sold you the van.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:30 PM   #5
Platinum Member

My Sprinter has folding mirrors but they don't stick out very far at all. I would never have need to fold them in.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #6

I live in nyc. My girlfriends mirror was scraped off twice last bad snow season we had.
My van has every thing the c01 package has, except the electrical mirrors. I don't need electrical mirrors, I just want reassurance I wont be breaking them

My sales person said I don't have foldable mirrors, But I'm not sure he knows.

From MB sprinter build site, or the airstream site
Old 12-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #7

I have a 2021 Airstream Interstate 24GT and the mirrors do fold in although not easily; i.e. at first I was wary because it required more force than I thought necessary and it almost felt like I was breaking them.
jw1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #8

If they are the standard MB mirrors with two horizontal legs, they fold. If you look near the door end of the legs, you will see a crack/gap. That’s where they pivot. They will take a good hard shove from the mirror head…. There are several click stops along the way. Get yourself a small tube of lithium grease and apply to the cast metal indentations that will become visible once you fold them. You will need to grease a few times a year…..again, they are tight and not easy to fold.
Rusczyk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:52 PM   #9

yes,yes..
As I was driving home yesterday there was a sprinter with folded mirrors down the block.
Now I gotta figure what's preventing an ottoman to close
thanks, all
Old 12-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusczyk56 View Post
If they are the standard MB mirrors with two horizontal legs, they fold. If you look near the door end of the legs, you will see a crack/gap. That’s where they pivot. They will take a good hard shove from the mirror head…. There are several click stops along the way. Get yourself a small tube of lithium grease and apply to the cast metal indentations that will become visible once you fold them. You will need to grease a few times a year…..again, they are tight and not easy to fold.
Your right, I have a, 2017. I didn’t know this till now, thanks to this article. I was in a jam a year, or so ago, and knowing this would have been great to know. After reading this article. I just went out, and took a closer look at the mirrors, and realized they should fold. So pushing very hard almost to the point I thought I was going to breaking them. They both were extremely hard to move, but then they started to fold. So, I applied marine grease to the area that this person talking about. Now they fold much easier. Better to know late, than never. LOL 😂
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:47 PM   #11

Don't feel bad. I sold my 2010 maxima to my brother in law in 2020. As I was showing him a few buttons he asked how to lower the screen in the back.
"What screen?"
Sure enough there was a sun screen panel that rose to cover the back window
which I never knew about. The button was next to one for the sun roof, which I never use, and I thought the button was for that