Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2021, 04:18 AM   #1

Default Dodge Chassis ??

We have been looking at Class B’s and out of the Sprinter, Ford and Dodge chassis decided the Ford was the best for us. However, based on the floor plan we prefer, Dodge has more options available both new and used. The Dodge chassis seems to be running third in quality from what we have seen but want experienced opinions from people out here. The ones we test drove seemed underpowered compared to the others and “cheaper”. Help us out please with your opinions. Thanks…
Mars Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:02 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Which Dodge chassis are you talking about? Ram Promaster, or the older Ram Van? Anything on the Ram Van platform is going to be significantly older than a Sprinter or a Transit.

All that being said, I love my '99 Roadtrek 190 Versatile on the Ram Van chassis--best Class B floorplan I ever found.
JDBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #3

Default Great Input for Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBrown View Post
Which Dodge chassis are you talking about? Ram Promaster, or the older Ram Van? Anything on the Ram Van platform is going to be significantly older than a Sprinter or a Transit.

All that being said, I love my '99 Roadtrek 190 Versatile on the Ram Van chassis--best Class B floorplan I ever found.

We are talking about the ones used since about 2017. Test drove a Travato but the engine seemed to be lacking even taking off from a full stop on a flat road. Handled really nicely but concerned mountain driving will not have the power of the Ford. Thoughts?
Mars Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote