Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 01:33 AM   #1

Default Dodge ProMaster cooling fan recall

I got a recall for the cooling fan for my 2017 Dodge Promaster Hymer Sunlight Class B. My local Dodge dealership wants to charge me two additional hour to fix this recall because it has unfitted with the Ecotech generator. Has anyone else had this problem? I watched how the fan is replaced on youtube and I don't see why it would take an extra two hours with the Ecotech generator.
clearcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:00 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Absolutely not!! I have both the Underhood Generator and the extra engine cover that many of us have to protect the UHG and more. None of it had anything to do with my two recalls on my 2018 van (the cooling fan and the transmission thing). Over on my Zion/Simplicity page on Facebook, a few sleazy dealers did try to charge, but were fought down on it. Call the FCA helpline.

When I reminded my dealer's service guy of the two added items, he just said... no problem... the fix won't be anywhere near it.

(BTW, the underhood generator has no relationship to the Ecotrek system which refers to the lithium batteries... this is two completely separate options)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:23 PM   #3

I had both recalls done on my Hymer Aktiv last summer. I also have the metal guard protecting the underhood generator. The dealer in Sarasota, FL didn't charge me a cent.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
Silver Member

No you shouldn't be charged anything. I had both recalls done at no charge & only took a couple of hours.
The 1st dealer I went to said they wouldn't even touch my van because it had been 'modified'. unless i was willing to pay.
Thankfully i have 3 dealers near enough to me that i could try another one.
Is it any wonder dealers get such a bad reputation!
Macodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #5

Part of the problem here is that the RAM service bulletin instructions say to remove the radiator fans from underneath the vehicle. Perhaps some dealers have a better method that removes them from the top.
markoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearcreek View Post
I got a recall for the cooling fan for my 2017 Dodge Promaster Hymer Sunlight Class B. My local Dodge dealership wants to charge me two additional hour to fix this recall because it has unfitted with the Ecotech generator. Has anyone else had this problem? I watched how the fan is replaced on youtube and I don't see why it would take an extra two hours with the Ecotech generator.
If you are near Philly I can recommend Carman Dodge in New Castle, DE. They recently did my recalls but I don’t have anything extra under the hood.
DelcoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote