Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Dodge RT propane fill port

My 1999 Roadtrek 170's propane tank has three rubber hoses: the vapor hose that runs to the regulator and the two hoses that run up to the bleeder valve and LPG fill port that is located next to the gas tank filler. The vapor and bleeder hoses have valves at the tank so they can be shut off there, but the fill port hose does not. Does anyone else have this kind of setup? I am thinking it would be better to be able to completly shut of the gas at the tank (for example, so the fill hose could be replaced without first emptying the tank). Does anyone have (or have added) a shutoff valve there?

(I guess that most newer class B's have the propane tank positioned so that you can fill up directly into the tank rather than through a remote port connected by a rubber hose, so this would not be an issue)
RT-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I believe the fitting that it is in the fill port of the propane tank is a "remote fill" OPD valve (an OPD valve in the tank with just female pipe thread on the other side, in contrast to a "direct fill" that has the filler valve as part of the fitting) -- does anyone else have a remote fill on their propane tank?
RT-NY is offline   Reply With Quote