Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #1

Default Does Travato have blind-spot monitors?

I rented a car a while back that had those neat little blind-spot monitors in the outside rear-view mirrors -- they light up when there's someone or something in the blind spot on either side. I *loved* it.

So, just for my planning purposes -- Does Travato have those? Or any of the new Class Bs, for that matter?
ANRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
Silver Member

Travato does not.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRiley View Post
I rented a car a while back that had those neat little blind-spot monitors in the outside rear-view mirrors -- they light up when there's someone or something in the blind spot on either side. I *loved* it.

So, just for my planning purposes -- Does Travato have those? Or any of the new Class Bs, for that matter?
All the Sprinter models (PW, RT, etc) have them, I believe.
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPotomac View Post
All the Sprinter models (PW, RT, etc) have them, I believe.
Now if only those nice Mercedes vans came with a non-Mercedes pricetag!
ANRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRiley View Post

You got an answer from another poster, but I will say that having rented a Travato for 1.5 weeks to try it out, the mirrors are wonderful. We haul a trailer now and these were excellent mirrors with two parts for distance and wide angle. Easy to see on both sides and even people tucked in behind you.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
You got an answer from another poster, but I will say that having rented a Travato for 1.5 weeks to try it out, the mirrors are wonderful. We haul a trailer now and these were excellent mirrors with two parts for distance and wide angle. Easy to see on both sides and even people tucked in behind you.
Good mirrors are a good thing. But, having experienced the MB blind spot and lane keeping assist features for almost two years now, I can state without reservation that these systems take safety to a whole new level. I am quite sure that these features will be considered essential within a few years. I have happily never experienced the collision prevention assist in action, but I bet it is awesome as well. The fourth feature of the Active Safety package is High Beam assist. Probably not so important from a safety perspective, but it is way cool and very effective.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Good mirrors are a good thing. But, having experienced the MB blind spot and lane keeping assist features for almost two years now, I can state without reservation that these systems take safety to a whole new level. I am quite sure that these features will be considered essential within a few years. I have happily never experienced the collision prevention assist in action, but I bet it is awesome as well. The fourth feature of the Active Safety package is High Beam assist. Probably not so important from a safety perspective, but it is way cool and very effective.
Absolutely, I agree. My next around town car will have all the goodies I can afford as an older driver. In the meantime, if considering the Travato as a touring coach, the placement and view of the side mirrors is about as good as it gets for "old" technologiy. All I was attesting to was that I was very comfortable driving the Travato.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #8
Platinum Member

If your vehicle doesn't have blind spot assist or forward-collision warning, they can be added on. Consumer Reports has an article about these aftermarket systems:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...cars/index.htm
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote